Rapid Reaction: Titans 47, Lions 10

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky DETROIT - What did the Titans shellacking of the Lions at Ford Field today mean?

Not that much.

Just like it would have been a mistake to read too much into last Sunday's loss to the Jets, the Titans' first defeat of the season, it would be a mistake to put too much into this giant victory.

The winless Lions are horrifically bad, and the Titans did what a good team should do when given such an opportunity: they efficiently stormed to a comfortable win, establishing their ability to run, winning on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and never giving their hosts a chance to feel like this would be a competitive game.

So thorough was the beating, the Titans turned to second-string quarterback Vince Young for the final nine minutes of the game and he worked with reserves Daniel Loper as his left tackle, Leroy Harris as his center and Lavelle Hawkins as one of his receivers. The Titans emptied the bench on defense late as well.

Tennessee now has an extended rest until its Dec. 7 home game against Cleveland. The Titans are looking at it like a mini-bye. They certainly can feel good about themselves while they get some rest and enjoy a weekend.

They head home having completed a successful four-pack of games against the NFC North. They won at Chicago and Detroit and took care of Minnesota and Green Bay at home.
    Go ahead and eat. I'll be back with a lot more later.

More...

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

My reaction is I wasn't surprised by anything I saw.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I was surprised that this team could put up (almost) 50 points, against any defense.

4. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

[​IMG]

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

I don't want to take anything away from the Titans but wow... the Lions are so bad that they honestly shouldn't be playing in the NFL. Even the punter sucks.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol - yeah Fisher would normally go uber conservative against an empty field

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar