Ranking the AFC south QB's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

At first I thought PK wrote the article and he is an upper level asshat but it wasn't.

Still a pretty dumb article.

Fixed:

1. Texans
    2. Titans
    3. Colts (with Luck)
    4. Jaguars

3. Big TT

That's how I see it and the tejans are only one hit on schwabb from being at the bottom.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Until Luck gets out there and plays the Colts have no idea what they got with him.

It appears unlikely but Luck could be a BUST. You never really know.

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Naah, Yates is better than Gabbert.

6. Big TT

Gabbert can't possibly be as bad as he played last season, only can go up from there.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jake Locker will quietly take over No.1

He's a far better player than anyone realizes. I'm super excited we got him.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

LOL at this thread

Not only has Luck never played a snap in the NFL, he is technically not even an NFL QB. Meanwhile, Matt has played in a championship game.

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

You guys must not have heard, but ESPN is reporting that Luck is a "sure thing". I don't see how you can argue with that ...

:sarcasm:

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. pettso

pettso Starter

My analysis - ranking them in two ways: Immediate Rank is for the 2012 season, futures rank is ranking them going forward for the next several seasons.

Texans: If you ignore the fact that they have the best "team" they have a pretty decent vet (Schaub) and a promising backup QB (Yates). It's still to be determined if Yates will be a high caliber starting QB in the NFL. I would surely rank Locker and Luck higher than him in terms of potential.
    Immediate Rank: 1st
    Future Rank: 3rd

Titans: We have a serviceable vet (Hasselbeck) and a promising young QB (Locker). We have high hopes for Locker but everyone is talking as if he's more of a lock than Luck (lolpun). It's possible that Hasselbeck's mentorship really helps Locker become an elite QB while throwing Luck in to the dogs hinders his development - but that's speculation at this point. In terms of promise at the QB position, Titans rank as 2nd in the division.
    Immediate Rank: 2nd
    Future Rank: 2nd

Colts: The Colts will have a more promising rookie (if you listen to the hype) than any team in the NFL. Their QB situation won't be great in 2012 - could be decent if Luck comes out like Cam Newton, but they'd have to be looking 2-3 years down the road and hoping for Luck to develop into the next Manning. Based on expectations, their future looks good.
    Immediate Rank: 3rd
    Future Rank: 1st

Jags: The Jaguars have nothing of value to be seen.
    Immediate Rank: 4th
    Future Rank: 4th

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar