Rank Mariota Poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Feb 14, 2018.

?
  1. 1-5

2. 6-10

3. 11-15

4. 16 - 20

5. Bottom third

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Well he's not better than Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Luck, Stafford, Wilson, Wentz, Newton, Ryan, or Cousins, Rivers & Big Ben (albeit both potentially falling off anytime now) for sure. That's already over 10 guys right there, and if Watson is anything close to what he was doing last year you can add him to that list as well. Outside of that, I think it's pretty debatable outside of the top 10. Carr, Mariota, Goff, Winston, Prescott, Smith are all pretty average quarterbacks. The first five have the youth factor in their favor though, and hopefully Mariota is the one improving the most to break in the top 10, better yet top 5. However, for now I'd put him somewhere in the top 15, but wouldn't argue slipping just outside of that.

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I live in Houston. Watson did the same thing.

Dak had a QB rating of 104.9 as a rookie and the took a massive step back this year.

3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Watson is gonna get figured out just like Dak.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Watson is way more injury prone and still unproven

You are not new, you know you cannot judge a young QB on a handful of starts

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

It was a joke, but I just can't put Watson anywhere yet. Not enough games played but certainly showed promise. Hard to say he's better but difficult to argue who he'd be worse than right now.
    Plus Hopkins really helps. Arguably the top current WR in the league.

Maybe start the list of starters worse.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

And he still played better than Mariota.

You keep telling me these guys took steps back or made bad throws. So they did the same things Mariota did, but with better numbers.

What does that do to my list?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

This is the frustrating thing with the Pineapple Posse. We're talking about two spots. Two!

Can't disrespect the Golden Child.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

FIFY

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Everyone gets figured out in the NFL

The good ones find other ways to win tho.

2018 is a defining year for Mariota.

10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Not trying to make an excuse, it was a bad year. That said, when you have 2 guys running routes and 8 guys in coverage, throwing into quad coverage is going to be a reality. A bit of hyperbole, but you get my point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar