Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, or Steve Smith

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by luvyablue23, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Lets rewind the clock; if you could select one WR in their prime to pair up with Kenny Britt who would you want and why? Disregard personality issues.
    Randy Moss, TO, or Steve Smith?
    Recap Moss= Freakish athletic ability, amazing hands, tall and a leaper,fast
    TO = Adequate speed, Physically dominating, average hands, good YAC
    SS= lb for lb toughest player, fast, great hands,excellent leaper, super YAC

Remember the question is not who do you like, but who do we need to compliment Britt and help out VY and CJ?
    Now lets do over and check out these guys.
    Bryant=Compared to Moss but lacks Moss elite speed but has everything else. Good production, and has chip on shoulder..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZBO2-do2Vng&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZBO2-do2Vng&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Britt and Bryant has a nice ring to it. No more stacking the box, with these two on the outside, CJ and VY are cleared for takeoff.

Tate= Compared to SS, Tate has excellent speed, is tough as nails, fights for every ball, has super YAC and works his way back for a scrambling QB to make an easy target. Can be used as RB2 in 'T' or in motion to create mismatches. Ultra productive and ultra competitive.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MgpkJ5uO7AY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MgpkJ5uO7AY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Its cliche nowdays to compare prospects to NFL players, but everything about this guy screams Steve Smith. He plays a lot bigger than he is.

Thomas= Has good speed if not exceptional, physically imposing, reminds me of TO how he catches and bulls his way to the endzone. I don't know much about him, but watch the clips. He looks like he could manhandle CB's once he learns the nuances of the position.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMK59U6nCuw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMK59U6nCuw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Probably not the best video; but the song is cool and its a cool video. Looks pretty sweet though.

So...who do you think we need Bryant/Moss, Tate/Steve Smith (the real one), or THomas/Owens?
    I think we already have the big guy in Britt. We could use a shifty, elusive, WR who can play like Harvin and give defenses a lot to think about. My vote is Tate and if we took him at 16; I wouldn't mind. I think he's vastly underrated.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Randy Moss. No doubt about it.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Only problem is Moss, Smith and TO aren't really like Dez Bryant at all IMO. Dez Bryant is more of a Bouldin or Dwayne Bowe (almost identical size of those guys) and would actually be similar to Britt. He doesn't have pure speed but he is agile and quick for his size. I think he is worth the pick at #16.

4. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

The only similarity I see between Bryant and Moss is sick hands.

I do see Tate being a steve smith clone.

Thomas runs and is physically dominating like TO.

Britt being similar to Bryant is why I prefer Tate. Tate looks like a sparkplug.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This.

6. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

Yeah, no question it is Moss for me. Dude was almost unstoppable in his prime.

7. Smudger

Smudger Starter

Moss all the way, quality player

8. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I guess i phrased the question wrong unless you are all saying Dez Bryant over Tate and Thomas.
    I'm asking which receiver you think we should draft now if compared to those legends.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Randy Moss is ridiculous! Pair him with Britt, and we are so Super Bowl bound! Vince's deep ball to Moss, what! That takes players out of the box for C.J. to gouge defense for 12, 16, 48 yards.

Forget about blocking, just send Moss up field to distract defenders.

10. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

sigh....ok not randy moss, steve smith , or TO

who is better fit for us; Dez Bryant, Golden Tate , or Thomas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar