Random thoughts ( defense)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HurricaneTitans, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneTitans

HurricaneTitans 1st round talent

By Jerome Powell

Who locks down the the DE spot opposite of KVB ? Travis Layboy ? Antwan Odom ?

Does Albert and KVB causing doubles make Travis or Odom fantasy sleepers ?

Who is the starter next to Haynsworth ? Does Jesse Mehelona have a shot at taking it over Starks ?

How much rotation will the Dline be doing ?

Are built to stop the running game ? all we have added is Mehelona and he may not be the starter.

With us being a run dominate team we want be blowing people and they will have time to run the ball against us. Or does us running the ball and controlling the TOP mean people want be throwing ?

Now that Thorton is here will the Titans use the linebackers to support the pass rush more ? Bulluck does a great job covering backs so we shud just let speedy Thorton run loose.

Has Stephen Tulloch looked good enough to be the middle linebacker ? How much potential. Compare to someone will ya ?

Has Peter Sirmons contract been redone ? Will he be kept ?

Are we good to go with the secondary ? Are we going after Law ?

Is Lowry gonna really challenge Thompson. Whats up with Fuller ?

Has Chris Hope brought anything to this team other than experience ?

Can he put up numbers like he did in Pitts ? Was he a system guy ?

Will our secondary be shut down or take away ? How do you think it will look ?

Will our defense finish in the top 15? :sad2:

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

You mean, random questions...

3. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

The answer to all these questions is very simple...
    One word really......
    Maybe

4. Our Defense will finish in the top 15!!!

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

did i miss the firing of Schwartz?

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

To answer one of your questions: Is Chris Hope a system guy? Yes, all defensive players are system guys, especially when your defensive philosophy is to get as much pressure on the opposing QB, your secondary reaps the benefits because it shortens the amount of time they need to cover and increases the opportunity for mistakes.

Schwartz, that is why YOU suck!

7. I really ought to put a sarcasm note somewhere in my posts.

I like Travis LaBoy, if Odom can live up to his potential those 2 could do well rotating and you never know with Big Al. According to soem people on this forum, Jesse Mehelona is a good prospect, maybe he could take over that job from Starks, we'll see.................

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

All I know is that Lamont Thompson is the Devil. Right, Gunny?

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I wouldn't say that he's the devil. I will say that he certainly didn't show anything last year to prove why he deserved to stay on the team. However, I have confidence in the coaches to see things we can't, and hope he'll show us his worth this year.

LMJ, Mahelona gets a little more praise on this board for being a UT player. I watched him last year, heard a lot of the hype from the announcers, and he could be pretty damn good. Early in the season people were saying he could have been a late first or early second round pick. I'd definitely call the 5th a steal, and think he could turn out well. However, I'd expect him to take a year or two before we see anything significant on the field.

10. arcticboy

arcticboy Guest

Exactly. If I hear one more time about him being a mathematical genius I am going to puke on the field. We need somebody that is a defensive genius.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar