Random stats thread.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanic_Sub, Oct 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

20221027_185333.jpg

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

AJ has 3 touchdowns today in the first half, which is more touchdowns than our offense has put up total in 3 weeks. Hate to say it, but we should have kept him and paid him. Brown is the most glaring, but this team has done a lousy job of retaining offensive talent around Tannehill and Henry. That has to change.

• Boring Boring x 2
  3. LoneStarPhan

LoneStarPhan Starter

Not sure Brown would be doing as well if he were still a Titan.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Guarantee he wouldn’t be doing this well.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. HurrayTitans!

Still glad Tennessee didn’t over pay him.

I swear, every time he has a big week (2x this year) even against a struggling D like Pittsburgh, people try creating buyers remorse (I guess sellers remorse in this case)

there is a 0% chance he has 6 TD at this point in Ten. There is a 0% chance he has 500 yards at this point in ten.
    There is still a lot to be produced for him to earn that $25 mil. Even projecting forward, I still don’t think he’s worth that even in the offense that uses him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Ppl forget that the only team that ran the ball more than the titans last year was the Eagles. Having real receivers can change so much for an offense.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

I agree to a point, because our larger issue is our OC. Our offense has been a head scratcher since Arthur left for Atlanta. At the same time we have let a ton of offensive talent walk- Conklin, Davis, Raymond, Jonnu AND AJ Brown. They don't want to pay anyone on offense except Tannehill and Henry, while trying to compete with juggernaut passing games. I think Jon Robinson has an overinflated view of team's ability to develop raw talent.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

Well, that’s also because they have a QB who lead the team in rushes last year.

also seeing the second year after a HC/OC/DC changes.

last year rookie WR Smith and Goedert (I think rookie)
    But an entire offensive overhaul.

im also not going to overlook competition, not that Phi is not good or specifically has taken advantage of a weak schedule, but games like Det can help inflate some stats.

9. HurrayTitans!

Henry absolutely makes sense, and even he got a pretty team friendly deal.

while Tennessee is eating the THill contract currently, it was a JRob move to keep it shorter for ease of moving on sooner. His contract was essentially 3 years (even with a fourth year next year) BUT with no real out until the fourth.

for that list of guys gone, it’s not that I wouldn’t love to have Brown but the cost was too high especially for what this O offers.
    I’m not upset about any of those other moves at all. The only real issue is the “selections” to replace Conklin. He was also too expensive to keep.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

They went from being an awful passing team, to airing it out and all that really changed was bringing in AJ. We lost AJ and have the least explosive passing offense in the NFL now.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar