Random ravings of Biddle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I was driving home yesterday and I heard joe biddle on 560 am say that he thought the Titans should be starting C. Brown instead of Lendale. That C. Brown is tearing it up and that Lendale is only performing so, so. In my opinion the 2 back system is working great and both benifit but hey he is a media "genuis". I also thought that the last couple of game C. Brown had poorer stats but wasn't sure enough to call in. I checked last night when I got home and sure enough the carries are almost split with Lendale have 50 and C. Brown at 42 I believe. Now it is true that Brown has more yards but the vast majority came in the week 1 gashing of the jags. In fact if you look at the past two games his avg per carry is below 3 yards. Lendale is avg 3.6 if memory serves. Not great but my point is it is the combination of the two that is working. C. Brown has proven over his career that he is not a every down back and can't get the tough yards. Lendale at least does move the pile forward and I think his upside is way beyond C. Brown.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I like how we've been doing it.

That being said, I think we saw Brown's upside on week one. I don't think we've seen Lendale's upside yet.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I like what we are doing but I'd also like to see Brown get a few more carries.
    It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Brown was the starter but LW still got his share of the carries. Brown is the better RB. It is as simple as that. I do agree Brown probably shouldn't take 30 carries a game but neither should/can chubby boy. You want a nick name for LW? Why not call him chubby.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

That's the problem right there.

We are fine with what we are doing. Does it not make sense to beat up and tire the defense with our bruiser then take advantage of the D being tired and beaten up with our quicker/faster back.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I agree that we should keep doing what we are doing as long as it works. I'm looking forward to week 13 or 14 when we have home field wrapped up so we can activate Chris Henry for a game or two. ;)

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

As long as he's not pass blocking for Vince.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

:ha: Absolutely! I was thinking of him blocking for KFC. That's just an ancillary benefit. :ha:

8. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I agree 100% Lendale seems to be outperforming C Brown somewhat. I like how it is now and stick with Lendale with Brown relieving him. Truth be told if it weren't for week1 we as a whole ( not counting Vince ), we would only have a mediocre run attack. Neither have been outstanding the past two games but I DO like what we're doing. Keep using the run to relieve some pressure off Vince.

9. Nash

Nash Starter

the last 2 games both teams determined that they would stop the run and make Vince beat them throwing.. as he gets better and the wr's improve, that won't be such a good idea..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar