Ramsey visit says something about VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>If you were like me and thought the Titans were going to be content with Vince Young as Kerry Collins' backup, at least into the preseason, well, we need to think again.</p> <p>Jim Wyatt reports free agent quarterback Patrick Ramsey <a href="http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090310/SPORTS01/90310009/1027" target="_blank">is visiting</a> the Titans Tuesday.</p> <p>Whether they sign Ramsey or not, I am reading into the visit: With Chris Simms gone to Denver as a free agent, Young is not entrenched as the No. 2 and his future with the team, or at least his standing as a Titan, remains very much up in the air.</p>

More...

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Should've signed Simms.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Patrick Ramsey .... he's kidding right ?

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Pukarsky is up to his same ole chit again- stirring up nothing during slow press times. If the Titans were THAT dissatisfied with Young, there would be no way they would have let Chris Simms walk, especially since we had invested so much time invested in him. It isn't like Simms leaving for Denver woke up the FO to just what we have with Young.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'd rather see Hentrich as 3rd string.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Maybe also they thought that there wasn't going to be a market for Simms, since he hadn't seen the field in 3 years, and they could get him on the cheap and lowball him? Then Simms got an offer and took it because of a lack of initiative by the Titans? I don't know, I just know that I hate the fact VY is all alone sitting pretty as the Backup without anyone pushing him, at least Simms provided some sort of motivation for VY to do something. We're back to square one with VY in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind seeing Charlie Frye learn a system and then play instead of getting tossed into the fire.

7. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Hey I'm a VY fan but to a lot of other posters VY showed no motivation last year when Simms was here. So what does it matter? I just think the Titans are getting info on QB's and other positions to update their files in case something does happen during the season.

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Drew Bennett! #5 WR - #3 QB.

Why not? we sign CB's to play special teams (KR/PR).....Why not bring back Drew as a last option wideout and also Vince's backup. After all, Bennett was a QB at UCLA.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Convert Bennett back to QB, and convert VY to WR. Brilliant.

10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

YESSIR!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar