Raiders @ Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Jeff I wished you had not have moved my post, about the spot. No one is paying any attention to my requests as they are so caught up in the Vince arguement.

2. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Wrong.
    The Titans won the toss they had a choice to defer and take it in the second half.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I paid attention but have no answer. I watched it on the tape and also don't understand it. It was mentioned on a talk radio show this morning and they didn't know the deal either except possibly White's knee hit down early.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Just like last year, the numbers aren't telling the story. Young isn't comfortable throwing the ball until his receivers are facing him. Come back routes take a long time to develop, which explains the sacks and hurries. While Young's completion percentage is up, he isn't giving receivers much chance to make a play after the catch, which average or not, they are capable as evidenced by the Houston game. That's why our passing game sucks. Young is not very good with ball placement (I've been harping on this all season), and therefore doesn't have the confidence to throw the ball toward a receiver's back most of the time. It's all in his head. Once he gets past it, he'll become a very accomplished quarterback.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

As for the Pats, not with the way our secondary has been playing, which is mainly on Harper, though Finnegan seemed at odds in the Oakland game.

6. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

When are we going to stop trying to "ANAL"yze VY and his throwing abilities. This is the most redundant thing on our boards. We got him throwing floaters, when this cat throws lazers and floaters at times. We have him officially suffering a set back b/c he is not scrambling now, and trying to become the pocket passer we all want him to be. We have QB coaches that now know the proper mechanics to throwing the football of a five step, seven step drop back, and the timming of plays and how they are disrupted by the QB. We have him not going through his progressions, and his inability to read cover two vs. man to man vs, a zone Blitz vs a all out Blitz, We now complian about every incompletion, and know how "easy" it is to throw a football period......:rolleyes:

I am just saying, can we be over "ANAL"yzing this?? I love this board and love coming to discuss the TEAM we love, and it's players, but we are begining to all sound like Merril Hodge vs. Jaws on the VY subject. We are breaking down game film, watching his practicee tapes and giving our opinions about why he is failing....MAN!

We knew that VY was going to go through some tough times, did we think that the "experts" were joking when they said VY was a project and would need time to develop?? Were we fooled by his performance and uncanny play making ability last year that we thought he would be pulling miracles outta his azz every weekend like that??

I just wish we can discuss something else...."It was the reciever's fault",.."No it 's VY's fault"..."He sucks",...He's great", " We should cut him"...."Get him some WR's and you'll see"... "He needs to run more"... "He needs to learn how to throw the football"....."Look at his stats he's doing better this year"..."He can't throw the deep ball, and can't complete a simple screen pass".."Look at his winning record, would you rather have Leinart or Cutler right now"

Goodness, I'm just saying.........:rolleyes:

Anyone else growing tired of it??

7. TitanJeff

What else we got to talk about? The dramatic improvement on defense? That we're 5-2? That we have a legit shot at the playoffs a full season before many of us thought we'd get a sniff?

Wait... we can talk about how LenDale sucks.

;)

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

IMO our expectations have jumped ahead of where we really are.

Most of us expected Young to pick up from where he left off last year & be a better passer with it. None of us expected our D to be a top 5 take you to the play offs beast & almost all of us had concerns about losing Travis Henry.

Now here we are with seemingly a legitimate shot at a wild card place & it's Young who seems to be holding us back.

In the past I've hated on Schwartz as much as the next guy.I would like to see new blood at Defensive coordinator.I can't forget the great job Chow did last year yet some people are calling for his head too.None of us knows what's being between Chow & Young or why. I believe he isn't running to concentrate on his passing game.That may or may not be true.

I don't like some of the red zone calling but I do believe that they'll fix it.

All that I know is I have faith in Jeff Fisher & his staff. I give Schwartz the credit for his success this year. It may be the players who are responsible ,who knows but he's the coordinator so he deserves the credit.

Kerry Collins IMO gives us a better shot at winning games right now than Young. The leveler is that I remember how bad he was when he came in last year. He is a serviceable QB who has settled into the system & he has a good line. Fisher knew what he was doing.

I'm as frustrated with Young as the next guy because I see the chance to win right now balanced on a knife edge & resting largely on our D. Young has looked immature & lost at a lot lately both on the field & off it. However I don't believe he is going to quit. He's got what it takes & I see his recent personality blips & penalties as signs that he's as frustrated as we are. This guy will not quit or rest until he gets where he wants to be as a player.

I share our fans frustrations & will likely vent with the best of them at times & I'll be really pissed if we don't make the play offs. For now it's not pretty to watch & it may hurt our chances of success in the short term but I believe in the plan. In the longterm we are on the right track.

9. TitanJeff

Nearly running the second half of the season last year and producing the Rookie of the Year does that.

The defensive change from 30th to 1st against the run has been nothing short of amazing. Every negative post should end with "at least our defense is now #1 against the run". ;)

I think a lot of the frustration is because we know what Young's potential is. We left last season thinking the defense was the major area of improvement. Young had a lot of work to do but he was showing improvement and most of us just hoped he could improve his completion percentage.

Right now, he looks tentative. That'll change in time with experience. When it does, I don't see a ceiling in what he can do if he has the talent around him.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is over the criticism.

I was wondering this morning if Brandon Jones catches the ball against the Colts and we kick the FG to win that game, and if our Defense had stopped the Bucs on the last drive and won that game and we were 7-0 what the reaction of our "fans" would be.

Would our QB still suck? Would our RB who led the entire NFL in rushing last week and who has back-to-back 100-yard games still suck? Would our CB who intercepted two passes just one week ago still suck?

Doesn't anyone remember what we were like in 2004, 2005 and the first half of 2006? We really sucked. We lost a bucketload of games - and most of them weren't even close. Now, we're good. We win games. Learn to accept that.

It would appear that everyone is so hell-bent on bashing our "under-performers" that we aren't even recognising the great performers on this team. We have a heap of players who should get Pro Bowl votes, and that isn't even a topic (well, until now).

Go Titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar