Raiders do it once again.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Dumb hire. Do they want a long term coach or do they enjoy a new one every season?

Obviously if you don't do better than 8-8 in your first season with the Raiders, they'll fire you.

At one point they were paying 5 different coaches at once. May even be paying more now.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Shoulda kept Hue

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

They should of got Fisher.

Raiders, COME ON MAN. How long are you going to be contempt with mediocrity? The entire time I have been alive, I can't recall the Raiders doing *anything* but get screwed by refs w/ tuck rule. I see and hear about so much great history that organization has. They aren't my team, and I don't even especially like them. But I would like to see them do well. Snake bit, I guess.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

"shoulda" works so much better...

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I saw this last night, and thought this was such a dumb hire. Will the Raiders be able to get Tebow too? Cause he really was the reason Denver's defense was any good, had nothing to do with talent or the coach.

I mean why did that defense all of a sudden straighten up once Tebow took over for Orton?

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

not an earth-shattering hire, but only time will tell if it was a bust or not. Maybe he will turn it around.

8. JCBRAVE

He more than likely wont do a damn thing in Oakland. He's not the one that turned Denver's D around, it was that spiky haired kid that talks to God.

And I know it may sound silly for me to repeatedly credit a QB for making a defense good, but it's true. He fired em all up, and make them ferocious.

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

You're right. It does sound silly.

10. JCBRAVE

Yea I'm sure it does to anyone that didn't watch the Bronco's much. But how else do you explain them going from zero's to hero's the week Tebow starts playing? They know he's passionate, and that kind of energy gets the fans going, which in turn fuels the defense.

Football isn't only X's & O's, there's also the psychological part of the game.

Also realize Tebow's style of play keeps the D off the field. He's not throwing it a lot so they are able to keep the clock ticking. Before Tebow came in, that D was giving up over 321-yards passing per game. With Tebow, it drops down to 240/game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar