questions about Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by backer4155, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I still lean to Brown over Henry. Brown is cheaper. He is younger. He doesn't have a drug issue. Henry is better trade bait.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

In fact, my new Henry strategy is this: trade Henry for a 4th. Take that fourth and fifth round pick (cuz we'll get a 4th or 5th for Dyson in all likelihood), and maybe that 7th Indy is giving us for Calmus, I dunno, depending on value, and get a 3rd rounder. Fill another hole. Drew might be there in the 3rd, you never know - he fell a little bit and is short, another reason for teams to overlook him some. That is if we don't have Bush at #3 of course.

But I wonder what Nash will look like next year. He's no Henry, but is of similar dimension, and if they lean to giving Brown more carries, it makes sense to lose an overpaid player who is at risk for missing a whole season and wasting your team's money.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm sorry, and welcome to the forum and all that, but what the hell do you mean by this? I'm really confused. Our 3rd pick, I believe, is long gone...It went with the Henry deal...to the Bills. Even if we had it, how do you turn a third pick into another first? Is that trading a player away?

Brown is under contract, so that would be a cap hit but I think it can be avoided if his contract is assumed, but who is stupid enough to take that kind of risk considering his past (missed starts, unfinshed games, ect...) and as for Henry...I don't know whether he's worth the gamble to us or anyone.

Seems like the most logical thing to do is to keep Brown and let him leave as a UFA. Maybe bail on Henry or resructure the deal. Why the hell isn't anybody talking up D.Nash? I like the way he runs it up in the hole. Might not need Henry really...especially when the Titans suck it up so bad we have a chance to get a real stud back in next years draft.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Bipolar, I believe he means our 3rd overall pick.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That's all fine and good but at the same time what is this water into wine stuff about?

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't think there is a market for Henry- he's got 2 strikes in the NFL drug policy, plus he was injured and didn't do a whole lot when given the chance. The smartest play with Henry is to re-negotiate his contract or release him if we can't get anything for him in trade.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Henry hasn't made sound financial deals in the past. I think we'll be able to keep him on the roster with a restructured deal.

I agree that most teams won't want to touch him this offseason.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

if teams will touch TO, teams will touch Henry

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Difference is TO is a proven star receiver, Henry has been disappointing lately.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Henry isn't a proven RB???

TO did what this yr??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar