Question.........do you buy a D or buy an O with your 40 mil or do you mix it up with

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

for sure.

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Mahelona is pretty good, jury still out on Henry, Haynesworth can be the most dominating DT in the NFL at times...

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Mawae will be 38 1/2 when the Titans enter the 2008 season. I don't see it happening.

Though I think he has played well at times and is an upgrade over Piller, I don't know if Bell is best at G. I hope Olson can be upgraded as well.

4. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

McGahee, Freeney, CJ, Blalock, and Wade

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

mahelona is over matched AH is inconsistent and very immature and Henry is a recovering addict who best yrs are over.................

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Kev has told me he plans on playing until he is 40 or 41 and he is still in great shape..............I think he honors his full 3 yr deal...............Bell will be resigned...............and Benji has been told he is going to come back...............he is building a monster house here and construction was not begun until he knew he was staying here..................both OT are young and going no where..............

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

So i'd say the top 3 needs are DL, a safety to go opposite Hope, and an impact offensive player (hoping its Calvin Johnson)....

8. I think where you spend your money simply depends on who is available. But I'd be happy spending on either offense or defense based on who is there.

The only guy scheduled to be a free agent that I'm really sold on is Clements (I'm assuming Freeney is franchised). Who else gets cut? We'll see. But with the jump in the salary cap I don't expect many really good players to get the axe. Mostly guys who are older or way overpaid.

Either way, I'd be giving whomever we sign a big roster bonus so his salary cap hit happens up front rather than spreading it out over 6 years with a signing bonus. At least as much as possible.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I agree.

I want the old Titans, dominating D and run game. D being the most important. But I wouldn't just spend on one side for the sake of trying to fix that side.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

needs

we need 1 to sign a shutdown cb...that is most imporant

then 2 sign a pass rusher opposiite KVB (hopin that the eagles relase kearse b/c they signed the rookie that replaced him to a 5 yr extension - making him a starter) so kearse and KVB would be an amazing combo

then 3 sign a solid safty oppiste hope...get rid of lamont...he had it in college the pac 10 record and all that...but he is not doing well in the pro's perhaps w/ a different team he might have more success

then 4 draft an impact WR in calvin johnson.

then 5 draft in the second round a good OL.....to help solidify the line...

then we are talking about a winnineg record next season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar