Quarterback

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan1216, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

For what it's worth I think using a sixth round pick on a back-up would be a smashing idea. Kerry Collins should just hang it up. It's kinda pointless to even hope we could win with him at the helm in an emergency role. Titans might as well look at the waiver wire, UDFA, or consider using late round/compensatory pick to obtain the next back-up. A guy that plays in the same style Vince does wouldn't be bad. Given that if he sees the field it wouldn't be a radical departure from the norm.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

TEBOW!!!!

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

oh God... no... not that guy!:shake:

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I wholeheartedly agree, BiP. Vince is talented, but often reckless. The entire franchise's health rests on his health, and that's not cool. I've been trying to tell my bosses the same thing: if I don't show up for whatever reason, everything crashes because there's no competent backup.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

but avvie, you're the mutha****in man.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'd love for a team to draft a reckless option qb that is expendable, run the option offense, and just see what happens. No team could possibly be prepared to defend an option offense on the fly. It would even be hard to prepare for. And yet, it could be a viable option for a team like ours who run a lot anyway. Of course, keeping a third string qb around with an arm is a must should the experiment fail miserably.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Aaaw YEEAAH!:yes:

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm perfectly happy with KFC this year. When he had to come in, he looked much better than last year. True, I don't want him as a long term solution, and if we lost Vince for the season we'd need another option, but I'm fine with him filling in a game here or there if necessary. Heck, he went 4/4 in New Orleans, and looked good doing it.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Trey, put down the crack pipe. You were impressed with that turtle impersonation KFC did?

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

BP, not sure what you mean about the turtle impression. Yeah, he's a little goofy looking, if that's what you mean. Yes, he looked like absolute ***** last season. But this season, he's 4/5, with an 89 passer rating. And that's not garbage time, it's in the 2nd quarter, with tight games. He's looked confident, and completed passes. That's all I ask for. I blame last year on the fact that he had no time to settle in. He's a vet, I'm confident that he could hold the job for a week or two and not pull a grossman or a david carr. That's all I'm saying. We've got more to worry about than KFC. Like VY, the rest of the offense, and special teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar