Quarterback this Year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2008, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I agree with this totally. I think the comment that irked me the most was when Vince was asked if he thought he would have to earn his job back and his response was "no. I don't think so. That's what they drafted me for and what they want me to be." I don't think he's been doing enough homework either and didn't really feel any threat to his position so why try any harder.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

GOOD GRIEF some of the stuff I read here is just baffling...
    1) Collins does not need to carry this team - just needs to handle his business and let the running game and D do their stuff.
    2) Collins was with the team for 5 minutes before being forced to start. Benching him and starting Vince was simply simply to get the future QB rolling.. Not to mention the WR corps was even worse then than it is now..
    3) Simms is injury insurance and nothing else - he's not here to beat out KFC or Vince for the starting job.
    4) Don't count on any other starting quality QB's coming here this year.. Not gonna happen.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I hope you're right, but Collins didn't exactly have to carry our team even then. If my memory serves, we had a pretty good defense and running game even then and we started 0-5. Besides, I've seen enough of Collins on other teams to know that he's streaky, gets sacked a lot, and is susceptible to throwing bad picks just like Vince has been. And then there's that time that he quit on his team just like VY did in Carolina...

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

32nd ranked defense that year, and our O-Line was hammered **** until Piller was sidelined with an injury. The O-Line was retooled in week five, which is probably the biggest reason we had success that season.

5. ruby10football

ruby10football Camp Fodder

Wow! We agree....

6. ruby10football

ruby10football Camp Fodder

Ok, so that wasn't just a dream I had...was beginning to believe it might have been with all the KC fans.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar