qb with the number one pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Tim, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Unless Teddy Bridgewater falls to us by some miracle from the football gods, we shouldn't/won't go QB at #11. Also, no way in hell we go Tre Mason at 11. Maybe 2nd round...or the 4th. If Justin Gilbert is available I would like take him, his size/speed combo is great and he produced at the college level as well. MLB and NT are still big needs, Mosley or Nix could be the pick as well.

If someone offered their pick in the 20's and their 3rd round pick, I would have to accept it. This is a deep draft class and we still have a few big needs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

Here's how I think it will pan out. If Johnny slips to us then of course we will take him. If the inevitable happens and the best available QB available is Carr then we will probably take the best available linebacker since apparently our current set of linebackers is not suitable for the 3-4. However I would not be surprised if they take Carr IF the coaching staff believes in him. But again if Johnny is there by some miracle, then its a no brainer they take him. By the way IMO, there is a chance he could be there because he has already slipped from projected number 1 to 8 in some of the most respected mock drafts.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wouldnt be at all surprised if Johnny Manziel goes undrafted day-1 of the draft.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Really? Geno style? Man ....I am not a fan, but someone will take him...Believe that...If Tim Tebow goes day 1, lol, this guy will too

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

There is nearly 0% chance we take Manziel, that is not the type of QB we want. We want Jimmy G in round 2 maybe having to trade up depending on what happens in the first.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

About the only QB I could see us taking in the first is Bortles and I don't think that happens.

I want Jimmy G, Murray and would settle for McCarron.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I really like jimmy g but manziel hate is ridiculous McCarron I say see OU bowl game in the nfl he is not going to have better players around him every game and when the pressure came he folded. Johnny goes to the right team he will be fine but if he goes to the jags or the wrong team out of the nfl

8. Titan_Terry

Titan_Terry Guest

As much as I want a QB as our first pick, it just isnt realistic; Especially not with the signing of Whitehurst. Looks like Whiz might wanna give that guy a shot if Locker goes down.

I see defense all the way with our first pick, whether we trade down or not. The Titans want an identity, and a great defense is the most respectable and is easier to obtain than a great offensive scheme.

9. 615nick

615nick Starter

If we want to go qb we will almost have no choice but to trade up. I think the top three will be gone by 11, if they aren't we have no choice with our current qbs. Manziel would make us an instant playoff team with this staff.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

No way Manziel makes it out of the 1st round. Someone will see him slipping and snatch him up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar