QB Matt Flynn would be perfect for us.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He didn't win the national championship, he beat Notre Dame with Brady Quinn, also a bust. But I know what you mean.

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Oops...stand corrected.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

But still, the important idea, not to be lost is that Jamarcus sucks.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

You know jesse, the more I think about this, the more I tend to agree with you that this may be the direction Fisher and co. go. McNabb and Hasselbeck are likely to be the only free agents worthy of starting. It is rumored that if Seattle doesn't re-sign Hasselbeck he will retire before going to another team. McNabb I would love to have, but there will be a lot of competition for him with Arizona, Minnesota, and possibly Miami all looking at him. I have a feeling someone will get him a 3-4 year deal, and I don't want that to be the Titans. So that brings up the trade market. Kolb, Orton, and Flynn.....The Eagles want a 1st round pick for Kolb, they can keep him for that. If Denver trades Orton, they will ask for a 2nd round pick, and with all the teams looking at QBs will probably get it. That takes us to Flynn....He has one year left on his contract, so Green Bay is very likely to trade him whether then letting him walk next season. From what I have seen, Green Bay will likely ask for a 3rd rounder for him, but I wonder if our high 4th would do it. Of course none of this will be settled until the CBA is done, but Flynn is an interesting name, especially when you see the success of some former back-ups that were dealt...Hasselbeck, Schaub, Cassell, Mark Brunell....The one negative against both him and Kolb is that looking back at these guys, they usually struggled their first full year as a starter, and all but Cassell needed until year 3 before they took off. But if it comes to dealing a 3rd or 4th for Flynn, or a 1st for Kolb, I'd take Matt Flynn.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Plaster is singing Flynn's praises on 104.5, and asked the Packer center (from Brentwood) whether he thought Flynn is good enough to get excited about.

I don't know....based on three games he could either go the way of Matt Schaub (not so bad) or Scott Mitchell (disaster).

Kind of a roll of the dice IMO.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I say no to Flynn, only because if we do trade for him that would make Jesse right.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What :stars:?? Brett Ratliff won't be around past August, thats just filler. Makes the team look good to have 4 QB's in some kind of way.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So you like the idea right.........

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't know, it depends on what we gave up for him. I didn't watch the Packers/Pats game, I figured the Pats would run away with it with no Rodgers. I haven't seen the guy play since college and I wasn't very impressed with him then.

He's probably better than what we have, but that's not saying much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar