QB Matt Flynn would be perfect for us.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I don't disagree with you, just stating what I think Fisher will do. There is not an NFL ready franchise QB in this draft, and Fisher is under pressure to win now. So that leaves the FA/trade market. You have Kolb, McNabb, Orton, Hasselbeck, and possibly but unlikely Carson Palmer. Hasselbeck is too injury prone, Kolb to pricey, and Palmer is unlikely to be dealt now that Lewis is back. So that leaves McNabb and Orton. I think they would sign McNabb before giving up a 3rd for Orton, although at this point Orton is the better QB.

2. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Last time check it was our Defense that made that playoff run.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

but Collins was at QB. where was VY?

4. jessestylex

and we better not draft Cam Newton in the 5th round.

i'll die/.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

no..those type as in dual threat QBs. They do not win in the NFL. We have had one for most of 16 years now, and how many playoff wins do we have, how many Super Bowl wins? Division titles? The recipe for success under Fisher is simple, have a dominant Dline, which the the reason I say draft Stephen Paea in the 1st round. Our division titles have come when we have had that because it makes the entire rest of the D better.
    I know McNabb is not a runner, we do not need a runner at QB. We need someone who can read Ds and make the correct throw. Keep the honest against CJ.

6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree, I don't want Cam, but he'll be gone long before the first, most likely in the 1st round. He has the talent NFL GMs drool over. I don't know why because it has never been successful in the NFL, but every year players with his talent and size get reached for in the draft

7. jessestylex

i heard he might go as late as the 6th round.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't think that being a threat to run for an occasional first down is exclusive to people who aren't good passers or don't make good decisions. On of the reasons that Cutler has had more success this year is that he'll scramble for a first down that is given to him instead of forcing the ball 20 yards down field into triple coverage. If you aren't Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, you probably need that ability to be really successful on the league.

The reason McNabb hasn't had more success is because his receivers can't catch with their feet.

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

You are talking about a different situation. There is nothing wrong with a pass first QB that can extend plays with his feet and make first downs. What he is debating are guys like VY, Newton, and Pryor (in his other thread). Those guys are run first QBs. They do not succeed in the NFL.

10. jessestylex

Flacco,Ryan and Rodgers can make plays with their legs if they need to, but they are 97% passing QB's.

thats what we need.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar