QB in 2011

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Yes, he would...which is why I would love to have him on the roster. I never said I wanted him as our starter for 16 games, it is crazy for anyone to ask that from him at this point in his career. But let's say we bring in Flynn as our starter, would you give Chad a one year, $1 million deal to back him up and help mentor him? I would, to me he is worth that just to have him in the locker room. That is one of the biggest things this team missed last year, veteran leadership.

2. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

Ok, I misunderstood what you were saying then. I thought you wanted to bring him in as our starting QB. In the situation you have outlined above, Bring in Flynn and use Pennington as a mentor, then yeah I could agree with that.

3. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

if the CBA plays out.. that'd be ideal.. chad could mentor flynn if he runs into any rough edges.... heck, resign moss for laughs since chad and him went to the same college

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

So Flynn seems to be the fan front runner thus far.

Anybody know if the Packers are willing to trade him?

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

they may be interested since they know that they'll get nothing if he walks.. so why not get a draft pick out of him if he's going to be gone next year

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Makes sense. The only snag could be that they don't have a good backup behind Rodgers. Since their offense is so pass oriented QB depth may be a huge priority.

I'm just playing devil's advocate.

7. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

I just do not see this Flynn thing happening. Rodgers got hurt last season and takes off and runs a lot. So I think they will hold onto Flynn for that reason alone. They have no one else to fill in if Rodgers gets hurt again.

8. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That same article said Newton was the best of the bunch for the second QB group.

I didn't watch the entire thing but Newton was overthrowing just about every pass that I saw. His footwork looked bad. He didn't look as good as Ponder, IMO, as far as accuracy goes.

10. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

The combine is just another data set to evaluate players but you're right, Newton really struggled. He is accustomed to throwing to receivers and when asked to throw to spots on the field, he was lost. Mallett was by far the best of the QB group but again, just another data point to consider. the combine doesn't mean as much as some would like to make us think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar