QB in 2011

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think our dline can get the job done. I feel the problem was that the Dline was asked to do too much last year. We're going to have to blitz more effectively because our line is undersized. They're a talented group though and I wouldn't consider them a liability. They were fine the 1st half of the season. Most of the team was fine the 1st half of the season.

As far as QB's go there's not many options left.

McNabb is past his prime and will be nothing more than a game manager. I'm not sure if the Skins are gonna let him go though. I feel the Rex Grossman move was more politics than the direction the team is going. If they don't bring in another QB I don't think they'll let him go.

Kolb would be a better option than McNabb IMO but I wouldn't want to trade a 1st rounder for him, he's not THAT good. Why trade a 1st for a 1 year solution?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Did someone really suggest Chad Pennington? It's bad at the QB spot, but not THAT bad.

As far as some people believing we NEED a DT, DE, and some LB's on defense, that's just being picky. If the focus is at QB, then we aren't going to be able to adequately address EVERY single issue. Losing Chuck Cecil alone will improve the defense that at one point was very opportunistic and winning us games. My biggest concerns are at QB, and SS. The QB obviously makes the offense go, and the SS the past two seasons has allowed every TE to own us. Fix those two holes, and I believe we are a worthy contender for the AFC South.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We need depth at DT. Jason Jones and Tony Brown get hurt alot. Sen'Derrick Marks was a bust. Jovan Haye is below average. 1st round DT probably isn't needed.. unless it's Dareus or Fairley.

We need a STARTER at DE. Morgan will be a starter, but next to him...? Jason Babin will likely be leaving, and I hope he does. He's overrated, he can get sacks - but lines up 5 yards off the OT, and has 0 run support. The only other DE we have on our roster is William Hayes. 1st round DE is probably needed, hopefully Quinn or Bowers fall to us at 8.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I have been out of town for a few days, got back last night, but unless something changed, all they said was if the season started today Orton would be the QB. Elway said early February that a decision at not been made for next season yet. In my opinion, all he is doing is keeping his options open, and not giving up leverage in trade talks by announcing Tebow the starter.
    His quote was..
    "It's not a foregone conclusion that we're going to trade Kyle Orton — at all. We still have to evaluate that. A lot of people think it's an automatic, but it's not."
    Orton is a free agent after 2011, with all the teams needing a QB now, they will never have a better chance to deal him.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We put waaay too much of a strain on the Dline last year. They played a TON of snaps and due to Cecil and Fisher we relied ONLY on them getting pressure on the QB. The fact that they were successful at that when healthy and fresh means they were pretty real good. Depth would definetely help but I wouldn't call our Dline a priority.

BUT

Because we don't have a franchise QB, one of our top picks is going to have to be used at QB. So SS would be our biggest need going into the draft.

You can't judge the defense based on the 2nd half of the season. The team had quit on Fisher by that point.

6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I would love Quinn or Bowers, but I would also love Dareus or Fairley, and moving Jones to DE. I think he is a better fit there.

7. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Agreed on that Jones would be good at DE, but he gets so much penetration in the middle so I would like to keep him as a DT. From DT he got 26 QB pressures last season which is HUGE, keep him there. We couldn't replace that kind of pressure with a rookie (except for Fairley).

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Quinn's a bust and you're a ND fan. Just saying, I think you're a little biased.

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree about his pressure on the QB, which is why Id like to see him moved back inside on passing downs with Ford brought in....we'll use drafting Dareus as an example..on most downs have Morgan/Brown/Dareus/jones...and on passing downs have Morgan/Dareus/Jones/Ford...Either way though, one of Dareus, Fairley, Bowers, Quinn in round 1 and I will be very happy.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Fairley is dominant and a difference maker. Without him, Auburn doesn't win the national championship. At this point I'm just hoping we get lucky and he slips to us.

I want Flynn as a short term answer. Draft a QB next year. Bring in Bulger or somebody for backup and compete if Flynn chokes as a starter.

1st: Fairley
    Trade 2nd: Flynn

That would be my dream draft. But the CBA has to get done, and I don't think it will. That means no trades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar