Pure Speculation - Is Derrick Henry on the Move?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I guess my plan is that if you miss...you just pick up a proven RB in FA. Like I said, it's not like everyone isn't running at least a two back system. I am JUST not going to spend either the cash or the draft pick higher than a 2nd on a RB.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea RB's are plentiful in every draft. 1st round or UDFA, RB's can be found anywhere. Best to use top picks on positions like QB, LT, OLB, CB, and WR. Good players at those positions dont hit free agency and if one ever does he will cost you serious money.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I think there is a legitimate chance Henry is not part of the long term plans. His stock is high outside of the building though. I bet they could get a 3rd for him.

4. JCBRAVE

You people are nuts to assume we dont want Henry here. NUTS

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I honestly feel he'll be a player who'll thrive, and greatly improve this coming year in the new scheme. Henry is big, but he's not a bruiser, more of a speed guy. But he rarely got an opportunity in space because the jumbo sets led to stacked boxes and often being hit in the backfield.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he doesn't have places in his game to be improved. But he now has what should be a legit coaching staff to help him, and a scheme for the modern day. Spread the defense out and give him space to run. I think he, along with most the offense is going to surprise some people.

Also would like to point out Gurley had a down year in 16 before exploding in 17 with McVay and Lefluer. Yes he had a solid rookie year, but LaFluer got a lot out of him last season.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Welt

Welt Starter

I don't think Henry is going anywhere, but his Nashville home IS on the market.

7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I agree with this idea in theory. If you have a solid guy who's healthy, continues improving, then he deserves a second contract. By that time he'll be 28-29 and it's time to let him walk. Normally I'd be opposed to a guy like Lewis at 28, but he hasn't been used as much. And I'm sure that contract was front loaded so he can be cut in year 3 or 4 for dirt.

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Seriously. People act as if we traded the house for Ricky Williams.

9. JCBRAVE

Probably outgrew that place and wants something nicer.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yes. The Titans need two RBs. That's not my point.

My point is, if Henry was going to get the majority of snaps and was totally trusted by the coaches, you don't bring in a $6M third-down/two-minute guy who might also play a couple of series. You find one in the draft.

JR brought in Henry because he knew Murray wasn't going to be able to handle the load forever and he thought he was a value where he was drafted. Paying a RB $6M is very different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar