Pure Speculation - Is Derrick Henry on the Move?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Well, except if you just draft a new one every 4-5 years you always get them on the rookie contract....which is much, much less than that. Just saying. All I really mean is I would never do another CJ type contract paying huge money when it's time for a second contract.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

CJ ruined the RB market so yea no CJ type deals

3. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Except thats not true. Go to the Titans official website and hes on there a more than most players. A lot of it is interviews and things he's doing in the community but still, its the offseason and he's not MM8... lol.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Henry is pretty special and he’s all business . He ain’t going nowhere and he will learn from his mistakes. That is all ... lol

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Wraith

Wraith Starter

IMO Henry will benefit greatly from running out of more spread out offensive formations. It’s always confused me that people think a big back will be hurt by having fewer guys in the box in a 3 or 4 wide formation. Outside of goalline scenarios heavy sets do nothing but make running harder and even in gl it’s just not a detriment at best unless you have 3 backs you could give it to in a wishbone type formation. The most versatile and effective formation in roughly 90% of situations is a qb under center, 2 outside WRs and a traditionally lined up slot WR with an in-line TE and a RB. This appears to be the set up we’re going to be basing things on, with more shotgun involved

#25 Wraith, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  6. JCBRAVE

Bingo

Henry is a guy that needs room to get going, and once he does its goodbye LB/DL, then when he hits the secondary moving hes just too big to tackle.

The folds a zone scheme offense will create for him will be amazing to watch. Henry is one of the fastest players in the game, you want him stretching out and running wild. Worst thing to do to a guy like him is call condensed formations with heavy sets (6 OL/3 TEs). This new offense will create running lanes for him by spreading things out more.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If JRob had 100% faith in Henry, I don't think Lewis is here. Why spend $6M this season on a guy who has only rushed over 300 yards ONE SEASON in his career?

I think they like the versatility Lewis brings. He does a lot of things well. He's going to pick up the blitzing LB. When healthy, he's proven to be very productive.

Having said that, no way Lewis has shown he can carry the load. I expect the one who shows to be most effective in any given game will see more work but both will see plenty.

Remember, Henry is costing the Titans less than $1M this season. No way they're trading him, IMO.

8. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Ronald Jones will amount to nothing. There are at least 7 RBs I'd rather have in this draft.

9. Young54

Young54 Starter

There's not such thing as a sure thing. So every 4 or 5 years you're gambling again on whether you get a an Adrian Peterson or you get a Trent Richardson. For every Alvin Kamara there is a plethora of Jamie Harpers and Bishop Sankys. No thanks. I'd rather keep someone with a proven track record. You don't think Dion Lewis deserved a second contract? Or third or fourth, whatever he's on now?
    While your strategy might seem financially more cost effective, that's with the assumption you hit on each pick. If you don't hit, you're now stuck drafting a new RB every 1 or 2 years. That's more costly than just paying someone with a track record $5-7m/year. You're also not considering the opportunity cost. By having to spend a pick every couple years on a RB, you might be missing out on another impact player at a more impactful position. I'd rather keep the known commodity for a second contract, which is cheap compared to other positions, and focus my draft capital on looking for the next Jurrell Casey or Kevin Byard.

10. JCBRAVE

Lewis coming over has nothing to do with Henry. Every team uses the 2 RB approach. Its the most physical position, so of course you have 2 guys.

Did Henry being drafted suggest JR didnt like Murray? No.
    There's a popular saying among football coaches; If you don have 2 you dont have 1. That applies to everything but QB, K, & P.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar