Ps3 to get DVR / TV Tuner capability

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hmmm...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didnt even know that 360 already had this releasing. Smack in the face for sony fans, again.

2. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

300 is a good example of this. Blu Ray has a better audio track, but the HD DVD version has some bonus features that can be viewed as a PIP box while watching the movie.

The reason HD DVD has these extra features is not because HD DVD is better, but that the spec for Blu Ray is not finished. Blu Ray an HD DVD will eventually offer the same features. Blu Ray will possibly offer more in the future as well since there is more storage space.

Later

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I love a good explanation :thumb:
    yeah, it's confusing to think of all that unused space (I'm assuming it's unused) on those $30 Blu-Ray movies.
    If HD-DVD and BR both press at the same quality and bit/rates, then the physical size of the movie itself should be equal, right
    considering BluRay has (what?) 20 more gigs or so of storage space, then there'd be that much dead space per disc
    put something on there ....cartoons, trailers, etc...

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There simply may not be anything to put in there at this stage. Obviously the movies being released now are re-releases of DVDs for the most part, when Hollywood now make movies they may keep all the deleted scenes, interviews, special features etc. which will transfer onto the discs.

It's like early video games released on next gen consoles. The main part is there but it is seriously lacking in anything else.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Did anyone even know about this?

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

my bet is that this guy has his 360 linked to his Media Center PC
    and that ALL of that is happening onboard his computer
    the 360 is merely a controller

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you missed something

the same movies , releasing on both formats (Planet Earth for example)
    the HD-DVD version has extra content, commentary, behind the scenes, outtakes, etc.....

the Blu-Ray version has NONE of that - just the episodes - no extras

now what ?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Makes sense.
    So it isn't the worlds best kept secret.

I figured something like this would be more well known.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

laziness or arrogance?

or Oilertattoo's explanation.

But I have not a clue why.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No guys. It's 360 IPTV, and it releases around this holiday season. The PS3's will only be available in New Zealand in 2008, which sucks for you but maybe they'll get on it soon.
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2EGs-Jnm5Ac"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2EGs-Jnm5Ac" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Difference is, the 360 is already capable. Only needs a disc to install the program, whereas the PS3 requires new hardware.
    The reason most of us haven't heard of it, is because it was announced about 9 months ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar