Prospects that Fit Us Best

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JerseyTitan, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

Which prospects this year jump out as players that would be a match made in heaven with the Titans. Whether it is their fit in our offensive or defensive schemes, or their attitude, who do you feel would be the perfect fit for our team (it doesn't have to be a position of need).

Personally I think gritty, hard nose players are what this team should be comprised of. I'm not sure what direction Palmer or Gray want to take so I'm not sure what players they look for.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I really think Nick Perry, Brandon Thompson and Dentari Poe fit our scheme.

3. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

Any reasons in particular?

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think Mark Ingram (though he won't be there at 20) and Vinny Curry both would fit great. They have a high motor and fill a need.

At DT I think Brockers and Poe would fit the big bodied linemen they're looking to take to beef up the line.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Perry is a raw power, he has a nice explosion off of the snap and shows great awareness. I think he has good hands as well.

Poe is another guy quick off the snap and is very disruptive. He's a big DT and can be the guy who eats the double teams, allowing Klug and Casey to wreak havoc.

Brandon Thompson- Just look at any post Deuce has ever posted about him. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah, he'll definitely be off the board. The Saints took him last year. :)

I know you mean Melvin.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Poe does not fit the 4-3 scheme sorry, neither does Brockers.

Both are not explosive off the ball and in Brockers case he's not even very strong.

Poe is friggin' perfect as a 3-4 NT; huge, strong and hard to move and he doesn't need to be a strong pass rusher but he sure as hell will be able to take up multiple blockers.

Believe it or not, I see Brockers as a 3-4 end, but that's my opinion.

Ideal fits for our scheme:

Whitney Mercilus
    Nick Perry
    Mike Martin
    Derick Wolfe
    Brandon Thompson
    Trenton Robinson
    David Molk

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I like Wolfe as well but i dont know if he fits our scheme. He is more of a penetrating DT and we are looking for bigger DTs, and I dont think he has the explosive speed to play DE in our scheme

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

We're looking for bigger DT's really, since when?

If you wanna have a big fat body, cough, cough Smith for a 3-4 look from time to time fine, but in a 4-3 being 300 pounds and can get pressure is perfect. Derick Wolfe is exactly that so is Martin.

10. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Jerry Gray has publicly stated that he wants to get bigger up front and put emphasis on stopping the run. That was the point of moving Jason Jones from DT and moving him to DE.

Wolfe is barely 300 and doesnt fit our scheme. He is similar to JJ Watt, He is more of a 3-4 DE

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar