Prospect Visits

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Tricky, Mar 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't, simply because opinions and projections for him are all over the place so I could see a scenario in which he falls. He shouldn't, but a lot of teams are not very creative so they may pass just for an easier more obvious projection.

Oliver played at probably 275lbs. At 281lbs at his pro Day he crushed the athletic drills. Some teams want him to play 3 tech for a 4-3...makes sense. Easiest projection. Keep him away from double teams (if you have a threat at DE next to him) and let him disrupt. Hard to see how he fits a traditional 3-4 DE since he doesn't/can't(?) stack blockers. Sweat has long arms and if he gets his hands on an OT, he can lock them out and set the edge. Oliver will have some trouble that way though he can 'win' in other ways since he's so athletic. If you don't mind him slanting and shooting gaps...he can be really disruptive...but more difficult to play sound D. BUT, what a creative 3-4 team could do is slant the 3 DL to get max use out of he and Casey and that way the LB's know where they are going. Additionally, he can play like a 3 tech 50% of the time since we are in nickel 50% of the time.

I think some teams might think they can drop his weight down to say 270lbs and make him even more explosive and move him to OLB. Some think he could more easily move inside...but that might be problematic in coverage vs quicker/faster rb's.

Gonna be interesting to see who nabs him and how they plan to use him.

2. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I don't view Hollywood as a 1st round pick anymore. His size and weight alone is enough to cram him down into the 2nd...

So his prospect visit doesn't add anything to the 1st round conversation IMO.

I am really smelling a trade up if history repeats itself (and it has last three JROB drafts, hell.. even further back) and the visit list holds water

(see 'Formula' on page 8)

3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

They may be trying to draw interest from Oakland in a trade up. AB is his cousin and is an ideal mentor, and Hollywood could also provide a buffer in the locker room for him. Oakland has also shown a lot of interest in him

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't think they play those games of trying to get someone to move up. I think we use these for our own eval. MB is an interesting eval in that we don't know how truly fast he is and he can't do any pro day or combine workouts where you can simply compare him on the same drills at the same time as someone else.

So having him for a visit makes sense for us to better gauge whether we think he's a legit 1st round caliber player or a 2nd rounder.

I think the Raiders do have interest as will the Cards who could reunite him with Murray if they took Murray #1 and Brown made it to them at the top of the 2nd. Plus, he already knows their 'new' offense!

MB is not for every team but on the right team with the right system, he can certainly be a #1 wr. And I think AB being his cousin will only help him as AB had to learn and develop into a superstar wr by improving his craft. MB has better athleticism and AB can help him get better. But if MB can get back to Kingsbury's system with Murray...he should be VERY successful.

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

They are definitely doing their due diligence . I don't think we're taking half measures anymore and definitely want insurance in case our young guys don't develop, if Walker isn't 100% , etc. And want someone with great ability after the catch. Which is likely why we're showing the most interest in Hollywood and AJ Brown.

As far as trading back, the AB connection and the fact that they have a first time GM , someone who is big on AA (John Ross was his favorite WR in 17, Howard his first WR/TE off the board) may present an opportunity. Mayock referenced the lack of a third round pick as being an issue, so maybe-just maybe- we can work on a package which gets us that #35 pick in exchange for our 3rd. And we can address the pass rush, IOL, and get a WR like AJ Brown all within the first two rounds and be in really good shape. Highly unlikely, but fun to think about.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The only thing with the Raiders is, they are stockpiling picks. Question is, do they use all of them to get the most new blood on the roster or are they looking for just a few playmakers.

The first question for the Raiders is whether they are moving up to get Murray or trading for Rosen or happy with Carr. Second question, are they gonna look to move into the top 10 with their two late 1st round picks?

I don't see us acquiring pick 35 except in a move down move up scenario because the numbers don't work out (aren't close). For example, the most likely and beneficial scenario in a trade down option is to trade down from #19 to #24 in exchange for us moving way up in round 2 from pick 51 to pick 35. We could also trade all the way back to the end of round 1 (with NE) and get their end of round 2 pick...but usually end of round 1 players are 2nd round graded talent and end of round 2 is 3rd round graded talent. There are not 30+ first round graded players and not 30+ round 2 graded players.

7. Broken Arrow

I can only hope.. Mayock is a bit of an idiot, so he should take the bait hook, line, and sinker.

8. DaCost

DaCost Starter

Jaylon Ferguson is exactly what JRob always ends drafting he checks all the boxes.

Super productive/small shcool/hard worker/ good locker room guy /team captain.

Problem here is that 19 is bit to high if we move back into the 25 to 31 range I would not be surprise if he is the guy.

9. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

here's an interesting table i found today. this table shows each teams rookie visits by position.

jrob is clearly gonna go edge early. round 1 or 2... book it. almost 2x as many edge visits as ANY other position.

[​IMG]

i also find it very telling that we only met with 5 WRs... i would have expected higher. we met with more CBs than WRs.

#89 VondyP, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. Broken Arrow

I'm going to be looking around for that final 12 Official 30 that are missing.... well, 10 seeing how Hollywood Brown & ... I think AJ Brown?... made visits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar