Prospect Visits

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Tricky, Mar 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I want gary or burns then DT. If none are there of value I would might be ok with one of the tight ends from iowa other than that trade down. No Guards or Centers with 19. To me pass rusher or DT or trade down

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It would be Walker's replacement when he's done. I'm not convinced Smith will ever become a well-rounded TE that isn't a liability on run plays.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

The only 2 guys I reasonably trade up for are Hockenson or Oliver. I’ve been on the Hock train for months. Dude has better hands than Fant and blocks well. Instant replacement to Walker when it’s time. Oliver looks solid too and had an insane pro day. It’s going to be interesting to see what we do.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Why do you want Gary? He's probably one of the few guys I really don't want who we could end up with because I think he slides...a lot.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agreed but I think both will be taken top 10-12. Oliver is getting a LOT of buzz around the Jets...but I think that is because they want to trade out. But he'd be a heck of a piece for Gregg Williams to have!

Fant has dropped too many balls...and that consistency certainly needs work...but he does make some spectacular catches...especially on shoe string throws. I don't think either makes it to us but if one does, do you take Fant?

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah I agree. That’s a tough call man. I honestly just like the consistency and 2 sided skill that Hock has. I’m not sure Fant has that. He just has the athleticism.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

There is no way ALL those guys are gone by 19. At least 3 qb will go off the board. Two or three WR likely. Some OT, some CB. At least Hock in all likelihood.

I see Bradbury as the worst case scenario. If all the defense studs and Hock are gone, I go that route.

In the unlikely even he's gone too, I guess you go WR. Neal would be my guy.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I'm not saying Id take Fant over hock...I'm saying who do you want if both of your guys are gone?

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I could see scenarios in which only 1 QB goes before our pick (and lets say Skins trade their pick for Rosen so another player we want goes in their spot). I'm not sure any wr's go before our pick. Same with CB as there is no clear cut consensus. A lot of wr's cb's and s's in round 2...so why reach in round 1? plus, at least two teams in front of us could go interior OL and if guys like Jonah Williams get drafted to play OT...Bradbury could go to the Vikes or Texans could leapfrog us for OL too.

Also hearing some teams took Sweat off their board due to his heart condition but he scares some teams. Elite athlete but not as polished as you'd like...especially for a guy with his size, length, and athleticism (though the Senior Bowl showed his talent). What if the Titans have him off their board and don't want to take Simmons due to baggage or health?

I'd love to see 4 qb's and 3 OT's go as well as 1 rb and a few cb's go before our pick so we have some good options at a few positions! I'm not even sure the Cards take Murray.

10. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

disagree,

i think the likely candidates for WR are:

jets (maybe after a slight trade back? giants for qb?)
    giants (the giants have 2 picks before us and just lost odell)
    jaguars (these guys are going one of OL/WR/TE 100%)
    bills (seems very likely)
    broncos (slim chance)
    bengals (really need defense but they are stupid)
    redskins
    panthers

no way a WR doesnt go before us, i wouldnt say its impossible but pretty unlikely

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar