Proof of Improvement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan/Oiler34, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Was just taking a look at some things that we showed improvement in... one actually surprised me.
    2015 vs 2016
    Points scored 299/381. Improvement by over 5 points a game.
    we gained 47 yds a game more this year than last.
    Points allowed (as bad as our defense was, this surprised me) 423/378. An improvement of 2.8 points a game.
    We gave up more yards per game this season by 15.

So all in all we gained almost 8 points a game. If we can get that defense shored up I expect next season to be much better. Full disclosure, I only expected 6 maybe 7 wins this year. Pleasantly surprised that we were in it until week 16. Here's to winning the division and a home playoff game next year.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I like the way the team it's heading, especially with the picks we have and the guy calling the shots. This year exceeded my expectations, next year I fully expect the Titans to win the division.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The fact articles like this are now being written is a sign of improvement as well

Titans could be a surprise Super Bowl-caliber team in 2017

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

If we address our secondary, I like our chances. Our offense is only going to get better with mariota growing. Just need to take care of the DBs(other spots on D could help) and maybe punt returner/kick returner.

5. 615nick

615nick Starter

Cb and ilb are the only 2 position we absolutely need to address this offseason. We could use players at other positions as well, but those additions need to be game changers. With a slight improvement at ilb and a complete overhaul of our cbs (thier so bad literally any cbs will be an improvement), this is a 10 win team, easily. With a few game changers, we are a 11 or 12 win team. I really like the direction we are headed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Apparently Amy thinks so, she is raising ticket prices again! Amy your going to raise the prices on us again at least spend to the cap and stop pocketing that EXTRA 30 million before you raise the prices on us.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

any team in the world would likely raise ticket prices after a 6 game win increase truthfully.

8. Titan/Oiler34

True, but did they drop when we were heading the opposite direction LOL

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

The problem I have is not spending to the cap but raising prices. The 30 million extra going in her pocket should more than offset any need to raise ticket prices. Also we are having trouble filling the stadium, raising prices is just stupid.

10. Titan/Oiler34

Well I get that I also noticed the upgrades at the stadium and practice facilities... it's not all going in her pocket. To be a first rate organization, you need first rate facilities and we all know they were lagging.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar