Pro Football Weekly rips Newton a new one

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Interesting point. Makes enough sense.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

As i've said in other threads.. i'm not super high on Cam. But if we HAD to take a QB first round, i'd rather have Newton than Gabbert any day of the week.

With that being said, I don't want a QB round 1 anyways.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

I've concluded we're taking the best player available at 8, and waiting for our QB at 39.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I am starting to agree.

I was convinced that the Titans would take a QB at #8 (even knowing that it would be a reach), but all the QB prospects are just so unappealing.

Now I think the strategy will be to sign a vet (probably Hasselbeck) and let Rusty and a mid-round pick (probably either Dalton or Kaepernick, depending on whether the new staff wants to play it safe or shoot for the stars) battle it out with the hope that one of them turns out to be a diamond in the rough. Either way, I bet the Titans start a vet at QB for most or all of 2011.

I will not be surprised if the Titans enter the 2012 draft still looking for a franchise QB.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

it would be keen if we could move down to 15 or so, and pick up an extra second.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree 101%!

That would be nice. We could pick up someone like JJ Watt, Cameron Jordan, Jake Locker, or Ryan Kerrigan @ 15. And get an extra 2nd! :brow:

7. JCBRAVE

Yea we'd certainly benefit from another early pick. We need some players if we don't get a franchise QB this draft. If we're sound in every facet of the game, we can win with a game manager. It's less appealing than getting the next Matt Ryan, but we've seen teams win with mediocre QB's.

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

So...your issue with him is that he is not smart enough to cheat in a system and not get caught? Cheating is not an issue for you?

Not exactly comforting to hear from someone running a business in drug screening...does not provide me much confidence in your ethics.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I won't deny Newton has to answer some quesions on his past issues but doesn't anyone find the article just a little ridiculous? For example I've never seen Cam not smile so if it is a fake smile he puts it on 100% of the time. He simply never quits smiling. He is always smiling on the sidelines and in games. Granted he is always on camera when I've seen him but I've never even seen him look any different in any situation.

My stance on Newton is basically since we have Rocker on board we have someone who can objectively give the Titans some inside info on Newton. Rocker might not be able to vouch specifically for his QB skills but certainly can reply to most these accusations in the article. Rocker knows how the other teammates felt about Cam, how Cam responded as a leader, if he was indeed a selfish brat.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If we could do that i would be all for it. Not sure Watt or Kerrigan will be there at 15 but one of them might. Locker is still a giant reach at 15.

Not easy to trade back but we could use the extra picks and if there is a defensive player there they really like i would go for it and draft Stanzi in rd 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar