Pro Football Weekly rips Newton a new one

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

http://forums.charlotteobserver.com/?q=node/6101

Cam Newton, "Negatives: Very disingenuous - has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law - does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room. ... Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness - is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hmmmm, this sounds familiar.

I like Cam, I think. But my issues with us taking him if he's still available would be that I've only come to like him in the last 2 months. In those same 2 months, no football has been played. Cam and his representation as well as the media, have done a fine job making him the most popular guy around the draft, but maybe for all the wrong reasons.

I'd rather not see our team take the gamble. The Vince Young story has certainly left a bitter taste in my mouth, and Cam just seems like the same thing in a new shinny wrapper. I still like Vince a good bit, but this is just too close to being same old $h*t, just a different day kind of thing for me. Kinda glad 7 teams have a shot at getting Cam before we can.

And for the record, I think Buffalo is hoping to trade their 3rd overall pick. I don't think they really want Cam, even tho he's been in Buffalo 5 times.

3. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

So the author is saying there are some character concerns.

I hope he proves everyone of these A-holes wrong.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Really? sCam Newton character concerns???

Wonder why?

It's not like he stole a laptop or was paid to play college football... or cheated on an exam and forged another.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. JCBRAVE

I don't think it's a big deal to take money when your contributions make your school millions. That's nothing that would scare me away from Cam, it's other things.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Yeah, I don't know why this report is coming off as such a surprise to some of you guys. Not to mention the reason he was expelled from Florida is because he put his name on someone elses paper and represented it as his own... More than once.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

You never did that? I have, not in college tho.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

As I've mentioned before, cheating was not the problem. Being stupid enough to get caught in the act is the telling part of the story. A smart 4th grader could have pulled that off better.

He's like the moron in class who copies verbatim off of an online article, and nobody is surprised when the teacher calls him out. Plus he's too lazy or inept to cover his tracks adequately.

So, not only is he a liar and a cheater, he's also an idiot.

9. JCBRAVE

But that's okay when you score touchdowns. Scoring TD's has lead to murders and perverts getting slaps on the wrists. Football>morals.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Like I said, it's not an issue of morals, it's an issue of idiocy and laziness. As long as you stay out of trouble with the law, I personally don't care how bad of a person you are, as a player.

A lot of people (if not most) cheat, It doesn't matter. As I mentioned, the real telling point is that he could not adequately cover it up. Lack of attention to detail. Surely that could translate to the NFL game. He's clearly not the type of guy who dots every I and crosses every t.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar