Pro Day results

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Being an unknown from a small school, having not played against top competition in school.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Did better in 05 than 06. Only 1 INT last year compared to 7 the year before. Seven PDs in 06, 12 in 05.

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

nelson is still very raw though, he is boom or bust.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Jason Hill's Prospect Profile on NFL.com

Not a pro day result, but I thought I'd post it anyway. I cannot recall reading such a long list of positives, at least not in the last few years.

Compares to Reggie Wayne and Chad Johnson? These comparisons rarely translate to on the field, but if they do, Hey! Sign me up. And both those guys were 2nd rounders, correct?

Enjoy. Try not to salivate.

Positives: Has an angular frame with smooth muscle tone, developed chest, long arms, good bubble and tapered thighs and calves. … Demonstrates superb hand/eye coordination to get to the ball at its high point, and the size and body control to time his leaps and contort his body to get to the tough throws in a crowd. … Has excellent balance adjusting to downfield passes and knows how to sink his hips and drop his weight to elude after the catch. … Shows very good sideline vision, keeping his balance and feet in bounds and is fearless going for the ball in a crowd and very combative with his hands, whether to escape the jam or to lock on to a defender when blocking. … Shows very good ball concentration going up for the jump ball and never flinches, even when defenders try to attack his legs. … Gets a good initial thrust off the line, using his hands with force to defeat the jam. … More quick than fast, but glides to top acceleration nicely. … Uses his size well to slip through tight areas and has enough burst to gobble up the cushion. … Does a very good job of adjusting to the coverage and even though he frequently catches in a crowd, he shows the fluid stride to not have to throttle down coming out of his breaks. … Runs crisp routes and drops his hips and sinks his weight to separate out of his cuts. … Very good settling underneath, making him a nice target in the short area. … His balance and good feet let him deal with operating in tight spaces. … Does a great job of weaving through a crowd and has the power to leverage defenders to gain separation. … Shows very good hip sinking agility and does a good job of getting depth in all of his routes. … Uses his hands very effectively to gain separation after the catch, showing the loose hips, head fake and strong leg drive to break the initial tackle. … Takes no wasted steps with his acceleration out of transition cuts and does a fine job on comeback routes. … Does a good job of looking the ball in over his shoulder and can get open and settle in the soft spot of the zone. … Can weave through traffic with the best of them, reminding some of the Bengals' Chad Johnson in that area. … Will go for the ball with determination on crossing routes and shows outstanding concentration to get to the ball over the middle. … Times his leaps well and will not hesitate to sacrifice his body to get to the ball in a crowd. … Has the body control, balance and jumping skills to reach and pluck the ball away from his frame and at the high point. … Possesses the ability to play the ball over his shoulder and make body adjustments to track the ball in flight. … Attacks with aggression and stays with the play until the finish when blocking in the second level. … Is very effective at getting low to chop down linebackers and safeties at their legs in run support. … Played on all the special teams (punt return/coverage, kickoff return/coverage) and is also a proficient kick blocker.

Negatives: Has only adequate weight-room strength, but plays stronger on the field and uses his hands well to escape the jam. … Doesn't have that sudden explosion to leave defenders rocking back on their heels, but shows the savvy and hand usage to gain good separation coming off the snap. … While he lacks a sudden burst, he stays square in his routes, especially when coming back to the ball, which he had to do often the last two years due to WSU's quarterback issues. … Not the type to explode up the field after the catch, leaving defenders grasping at air, but he is a strong runner who powers through the initial tackle and is a load to bring down once he builds up to top acceleration. … Needs to improve his overall strength to prevent from being pushed back into the pocket when working in-line, though. … Has the hand usage to sustain when he is able to lock on, but doesn't have the brute power to drag the defensive linemen down.

Compares to: Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis -- Wayne, Cincinnati's Chad Johnson and Hill don't need to rely on blazing speed to be the dangerous threats they are. They all do it with a physical running strike and loose hips to weave through traffic, making them players who need to be accounted for every second they are on the field.

I think I'm sold on taking him over Ted Ginn, Jr. right now.

5. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Reggie Wayne was a late first, but I get your point. If we don't get Bowe in the first then we should highly consider taking him with our second pick.

We don't typically take WR's in the first round, and it hurts. In my opinion it is imperative that we take SOMEBODY at receiver on day 1. Be it Jarrett, Meachum, Bowe, Hill, or Rice. The only way we could possibly make a mistake taking a WR day 1 is if we chose Ginn.

This is the deepest WR draft I think I've ever seen, if we don't make a move I think I'll cry. And that's a threat.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

:ha:

7. well, that sounds like a really good player and they obviously think highly of him with all of the positives on there

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think Rice is 3rd round material personally. I would be distraught if we took him in the first.

9. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

He's definitely not NFL ready, physically or mentally. I'd still take him over Ginn though.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Bowe, Meachem, Hill - one of them is who I believe we'd need this year to contribute. Maybe Gonzo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar