Priest Holmes to report to Chiefs camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1645
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2949027&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines
    Chiefs RB Priest Holmes, who missed much of the last two seasons with a major spinal injury, will report to the Chiefs' training camp and attempt to resume his playing career, the club announced. Holmes has been given medical clearance and never did fill out his retirement papers, so he may return like any player can at training camp on July 27. "Herm (Edwards) and I sat down with Priest here in Kansas City and discussed his decision and our thoughts on his return," GM Carl Peterson said. "We may put him on active PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) initially to gauge his football conditioning and to see how he feels after non-contact drills. But he indicated very strongly to me that he wanted to play and his motivation was to help the Kansas City Chiefs win a championship. ...
    (Updated 07/25/2007).

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

wow, i was praying for priest when he got injured, i really hope he makes the team....

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Priest was always one of my favorite RBs, I hope the best for him but even at his age he really doesn't have that much left, especially with his back injury.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

it would be nice to see him make the squad, and maybe work into the RB rotation...

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I wish him the best. Good guy, bad injury, didn't expect to see him playing again.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wish one of our backs could repeat even his worst full season as a Chief.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar