"Prevent Defense"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JMB54, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Bucs and Rams both beat the Saints, we should be able to win our game too. Not saying we will but we could if our running game gets rolling.

2. M3gatitan

M3gatitan Camp Fodder

true that, well, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it suppose to snow in buffalo this weekend for the game, i hope we're able to play well in that mess, though CJ played well in the snow last year against the pats in that ugly blowout

3. JCBRAVE

It' not snowing in Buffalo this Sunday, who told you it would?

4. M3gatitan

M3gatitan Camp Fodder

No one told me, i just heard it somewhere lastweek, but lastweek i had my birthday, and was drunk for a few days, so, I have no clue where i heard it from, but i'm glad its not, thanks for the clarification

5. JCBRAVE

LOL, no problem, and Happy Belated Birthday. But now that our ground game exists, we should be much more competitive than in any other games.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Complete bollocks when we're talking Titans defense.

Well said that man.

The Titans didn't run an effective prevent under Schwartz and Grayhasn't yet either.

Prevent is supposed to be all about giving the offense the short yardage in the middle of the field. Give them room but make them work for it. Make the opposition run out of time to come back from a two score deficit.

All we've done historically is take our foot of the gas and let opposing teams back in the game. Fisher trying to play it with a 3 point lead always drove me insane.

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

failed us last year against the washington redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nearly failed us last week.

8. netnut

netnut Starter

;-))

Prevent Defense > Prevents a Win!!!! LOL;-))))

Whether you think that you can, or think that you can't, you are usually right. - Henry Ford.... Ron Paul 2012

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Prevent defense should only be run when you are up by 14 points not 3 or 6. To me when you go prevent you give the opposition MO! I wonder how many times we have given up 3rd and 15 and longer with those looks? I can think of many off the top of my head.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

we weren't in the prevent vs washington and it DIDNT fail us last week...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar