Press Conference at 11:00

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

But it kinda hits the nail. The only current big need we have, is safety. The rest is covered and any upgrades would be amazing, but not necessary.

This years draft is not to clear our current needs, but to add young talent, to shape the future team. E.g. a young QB, a MLB and so on. Not players that makes an immidiate impact, but gets the time to learn the game without too much pressure.

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

It completely changes the complexion of the draft, IMHO. A good S can be had in the 2nd (I have started the "Daniel Bullocks Movement", which is similar to the "Allan Parsons Project", but different...), and everything else is depth...

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I agree. I wasn't sold on Givens originally, but I honestly don't think we need a "star" receiver. Givens is comparable in a lot of ways with DMase and he turned out pretty good. I think Givens and Bennett are a pretty good 1A and 1B, and combined with our depth at TE, we have more than enought targets.

Mawae shows that we aren't relying on "projects" to fix our offense like we have the last few years.

4. Bennett83

Bennett83 Guest

Tennessee, which finalized deals for LB David Thornton and WR David Givens, has helped itself in a big way. Thornton and Givens are hard-nosed players who go all out. Givens is a poor man’s Rod Smith and closer to a No. 1 receiver than Drew Bennett is. Both guys are possession-type pass catchers, but they block downfield and will make any offense better. Thornton played both OLB positions for the Colts. He’s best on the weak side but probably will stay at “Sam” with Peter Sirmon sliding inside. The Titans’ LB corps will be one of the best in the business.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Spins/2006/spins031406.htm

I think I could live with that. :)

5. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Wow, did you catch the "Willie McGinnist" to Cleveland line? THAT'S interesting. The Browns might be something fierce this season.

6. NoDak Titan

NoDak Titan Camp Fodder

Let's get something straight, the Titans are spending money, that alone should stand for something!! As a lifelong Oilers/Titans fan I am extremely excited about this. Do I think we will be playoff contenders, "NO" but, the optimism is there. Let's give Floyd and Jeff some credit, they are giving us a great outlook and doesn't look like they are ready to throw in the towel just yet. Go Titans!!!

7. i persdonally think givens was a made good pick up........ but he shold be the #2 reciever and benent shood be the #1

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

English could use a bit of work.

9. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

Mason Wasnt All That But He Got The Job Done. Givens Has A lot More Potential Than Mason Did At The Same Age

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Let's hope so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar