Press Conference at 11:00

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I haven't seen any hard contract numbers. But let's assume for now that Thornton has just under a $2M cap value (~$6.5M SB/5 years + 585k) and Givens is just over $2M ($8M SB/5 + $585k). No clue what Mawae got, but let's say he's in the same ballpark (maybe $6M SB over 4 years plus the minimum this year).

If they have $6M in cap room tied up with those 3 guys, that would be the majority of the money we have to spend on free agents right now. But they can free up more fairly easily (not including McNair's contract)

2. I'll also add that simply by cutting Nickey and Bobby Wade, we will save $1.424M in cap room. Bulluck could renegotiate to save $3M. Kinney and Hentrich could renegotiate to save us about $500k each.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Nickey should be gone for sure, but I thought the coaches liked Wade.

4. Not enough to keep him at that price. He's going to have to have a very good camp to stick, and I'm not convinced he'll even make it to camp.

5. metal957

metal957 Starter

Good stuff

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They may cut Sirmon to bring on one of the LBs.

#34 Behind Enemy Lines

o-line.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Ya we got Mawae too. I know he's been to the pro bowl 6 times. But this is his thirteenth season. Does he still have it?

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Centers can play for a LONG time.

Does anyone remember the last time we could look forward to FA acquisitions?!? This offseason is bringing a LOT of Vet presence...I like it so far. These are 3 very solid acquisitions. No flash, just lunch-pail types. I love it! I don't even care who we draft right now, LOL!

(Okay, that last statement went a little too far...):))

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I know how you feel -- I'm giddy, too! :jump:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar