Presenting the Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Fry, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

... didn't you create a thread about VR gaming in which you claimed to not care about in the inaugural post?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Asking if people felt the same.

Gunny just in here saying he doesn't care, a lot.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

But you said you don't care about the thing that you brought up.

If it's something you don't care about, don't make a thread about it.

It's the same complaint.

4. Fry

I wanted to see if I was just missing the hype.

Gunny just in here going "Nintendo and their gimmicky gimmicks!" Offering no actual criticism or debate.

I asked for other posters' opinion. Posted video as to why I thought it was limited and why I didn't think it would work. You know, encouraging discourse.

If the OP was "VR sucks. That is all," you'd be totally right, but that wasn't even close to what happened.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't care enough to care about making a post why I don't care.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

swich consoles matter

#scm

7. Fry

Nine.

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I've got my Switch pre-ordered along with the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition, Bomberman, and 1-2 Switch (my cousin, his wife, and my aunt are coming up (since I pre-ordered my cousin's Switch for him), so I figured I might as well get the party game).

I'm excited. Nintendo is being odd about how they market this though: I think the primary addition is the HD Rumble concept. For instance, in the game Arms you can supposedly feel how much ribbon/chain/rope/whatever you have left when attacking your opponent. It will also play a major role in 1-2 Switch (to what extent I don't know).

Still, the idea of adding tactile concepts to video gaming is an interesting one (much more so than putting on goggles/visor/whatever VR crap); just gotta hope third parties can figure out how to use it.

As for people wishing Nintendo would go third party:
    Clearly, none of you were fans of Sega when they did this. For those of us who were, it didn't go so well. A lot of Nintendo's (and Sega's in the past) quality comes from their ability to set the tone for their platform in-house. If Nintendo lost that, I would expect them to become about as sorry as Sega became.

#68 jplusip, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  9. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

lolwut? The PS2 had a laughably bad launch. The only console I recall having a particularly great launch was the US launch for the Dreamcast.

10. Fry

I thought the PS2 launch was awesome.

Madden 2001(with Eddie George!), Tekken Tag, Unreal Tournament, Silent Scope, Armored Core 2, and Dynasty Warriors 2.

That's better than the two PS launches after that...combined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar