Presenting the Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Fry, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

The SEGA route.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

As much as I'd love that, it won't happen. There is only one place to play Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, etc. If people want to play them, which everyone does, they need to spend the $300 on a Nintendo console.

I still don't get the hate the Switch is getting. I think it looks awesome.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

If I need to take dumb it would be spectacular but didn't WiiU do the same thing?

Oh wait nobody bought one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Because people thought the Wii U was a Wii peripheral for two years. 100% Nintendo's fault. At the reveal all they did was talk about the controller. It also didn't help that the Wii had about 100 peripherals that were called the Wii X. Customers didn't even see the actually console until months after the reveal. When the console did finally come out it looked exactly like a Wii. That's why Nintendo eventually went with black.

And how can you blame people for thinking it was a new peripheral? It was referred to as a "new controller" throughout the entire reveal.

Nintendo took a gamble on trying to bring back the casual players they gained with the Wii by recycling the name and it backfired big time.

Reggie Fils-Aime never once called the Wii U a new console. He referred to it as a "system," which can mean a lot of things. Most people assumed it was just a new part of the Wii system, considering the reveal only shows it working with other Wii peripherals.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Because it has a **** launch line up, it's underwhelming and it still uses gimmicks.

6. Fry

So has every launch ever, sans the PS2. Anyone who owned a PS3 or PS4 waited months for a decent exclusive to play.

And I don't see the gimmicks. As a home console you play it with a normal controller. As a portable console you play it like a DS. What is the gimmick? Hell, I'll buy it purely for the portable option. I put off buying a 3DS a few months ago because of the rumor of the NX being fully portable.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

im still waiting for more than 1 decent exclusice on ps4

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Fry

Right?

I have 8 PS4 games on my shelf right now. Madden 15, MLB The Show 15, Arkham Knight, Bloodborne, COD Advanced Warfare, The Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid 5, and Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeros.

Two exclusives.

I've been playing my PS3 way more lately.

I'll get around to Uncharted 4 and the new releases for 2017, but I'm honestly in no hurry to buy games anymore. What's the point? Pay $60 for it in the first month and then miss out on DLC, because I'm not paying extra for stuff that should be included in the game to begin with, or wait six months and buy the "complete" game for $30?

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The Show

You're welcome

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Exclusives are dying. They make no sense outside of the game studios owned by the hardware makers like the team that makes Halo and I guess every game worth playing on the Switch made by Nintendo.

Hell I'd even wager we get cross platform online play in this generation, for certain in the next if there is indeed a XBOX 4 and PS5.

VR is the next step. Wouldn't be surprised if the next generation ships with VR in box.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar