Presenting the Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Fry, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

As someone who owns a PS4, hasn't played online in 2+ years, and thinks Minecraft is awful, count me in the "thinks it's boring" category.

It's two companies that are both lagging seriously behind the one in front. They're doing everything they can to catch up. Can't blame them.

It'll be interesting to see if Microsoft or Nintendo are in the lead at this point in the next generation if this partnership continues.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

oh no, i think minecraft is boring, but i am glad they are working together to make a big title cross platform. could be huge in the coming years for other titles. think battlefield, CoD, Madden, etc.

I use my PC for online gaming, but the console market really needs to step their multiplayer platform up.

personally, i feel microsoft are going to be the ones out of water soon. honestly, i dont even see a reason for anyone to own an xbox, and this is coming from a guy not even all that impressed by his ps4. i consider the ps4 to be the worst of the playstations to date. how many exclusives have really just blown you away? bloodborne maybe? i feel its a tad overrated, uncharted possibly, but i cant judge that because i have not played any of them.

i feel, that as a whole, this generation has been a huge letdown and that they are focusing too much on VR, which isnt there yet.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

People need to understand that Sony are always at the front.

This isn't fanboy speak. They launched a console for $1000 and still did enough to catch up to the competition.

It's because of games. That's it.

A minority of people might care about cross platform, backwards compatibility, etc. But in the end, no one really cares. No one uses it. People buy consoles for current and future games. Not because they might be able to play a 10 year old game that existed on previous generations or because you might be able to play Call of Duty with your friend who has a Nintendo.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

disagree wholeheartedly

i have an xbox because my friends have it and we can play together, simple as that. it is the selling point that gets me to buy.

the 10 year old games i really dont care about, but the cross-platform is huge, because then people like myself could just buy a playstation and still get in on the madden league with my buddies who all have xboxes

5. Fry

You just need to pick better friends.

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

well for you it's easy cuz you have none

7. Fry

I have none that own an XB1. I know zero people who own one. You somehow have an entire group of friends that owns them.

Sucks when the one person who can afford a launch console unknowingly buys the loser of the generation. Suckers the rest of group of friends into it.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Cross platform isn't huge. And it won't exist as you think it will. Hell 99% of people who own consoles won't even know it exists, or even care.

You know Microsoft denied Sony the opportunity to do it with the 360 for some games. Because they were in the lead.

What happens if they get the lead next gen? Same thing? Most likely because it will drive sales.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Fry

Metroid Prime 4 announced. The Switch is officially a smash hit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. rekirts

rekirts Starter

All nintendo needs is a screenshot of Metriod Prime 4 to win E3.

This is nintendos HL3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar