Preds

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Riverman, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They better come out intense. They go down 2-0 by the end of the first period and I don't think they can recover.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

On Saturday afternoon, Ryan Ellis looked like every Jaguar that's ever tried to tackle Derrick Henry.

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Preds falling back to mediocrity.

We traded away some very promising youth for vets who did NOTHING for us. Poille f'ed it up pretty bad. And the JOFA was the NO- FA line. They need to apologize to the entire city.

Another poor playoff showing. We were definitely OUTCOACHED and OUTPLAYED that entire series. No PPG? The ENTIRE SERIES? WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That blown power play at the end of regulation was a reflection of the season, IMO.

Give Dallas credit for their D but no NHL team can be that bad. Even if the Preds were AVERAGE at PPG, they win this series.

I don't follow contracts but I hope we see a lot of changes this offseason.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Riverman

Agree. Vets definitely complacent. Laviolette must have seen it in practice. This explains why he was CONSTANTLY changing the lines up end of season. I think trading Fiala, Aberg, etc had a lot to do with it also. Poile brought in NOTHING that was net positive in his moves. Definitely net negative.

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I mean, Poile at least tried. Boyle, Simmonds, and Granlund were all added to address the powerplay, and the coaches couldn't figure out how to make it work. Poile did his job IMO regarding players (Aberg was useless here, Fiala was a turnover machine that Forsberg gladly took over), he needs to start from scratch on the coaches though, they made zero adjustments that whole series until 3rd period game six.

Ran JOFA line on powerplay for 88 games and wondered why it never clicked. Same D pairings all year. When people weren't injured, same line combinations even if they sucked (ie Turris 2nd line w/anyone).

Let's wait 88 games to make adjustments, it was clear after 87 things just weren't going to click.

**** out of here

also, they had 33 goals on the powerplay i think i saw? 82 games, that's less than 1 every other game. Pathetic. 200+ tries

#56 Finnegan2win, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  7. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Riverman

Laviolette tried combination after combination end of season and all through the playoffs. The guys Poile brought in did nothing. Fiala WAS a turnover machine but he was fast. And he got the puck into the zone. Granlund, slower/older. We traded speed for size/power. And FTR none of those guys gave any real hits. Nor did they plant in front of the goal during the power play like they were traded to do. The times they did- they were quickly pushed out- which was NOT what they were brought in to do. It was some bad trades by Poile.

And the real coaching head scratcher is the power play. Ample time to figure SOMETHING out. That’s on Lavi and the ST coach. Pathetic.

10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Our Players Gave up and they hate special teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar