Preds

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Riverman, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don’t know why but the Preds always lay down one game in the middle of these playoff series. It’s weird. They never go pummel anyone. Sort of like fisherball.

FWIW- I think we take the series in 7. We win Saturday 3-1 with an empty netter. They win game 6 and we play here again for game 7.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Annnnnnnd there's the Pekka I know and expect.

Atrocious.

I don't think I've ever seen a worse performance by a starting goalie in an important game.

(and I know, Pekka loyalists.... power plays! but but but the defense! etc)

But allowing 2 easy saves go for goals on 2 shots?.... 4 goals on 8 shots? There's no defending that. A trash can would have stopped more shots than that.

3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I hope you are right. I told my wife at the beginning of the POs that based on their play so far, they'd probably either lose in round 1, or play 7 games if they advance.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Riverman

I wouldn’t defend Pekka on that night. And it is classic Pekka to fold like a lawn chair after a few great efforts. But let’s get real. He’s older and I just don’t think its possible for him to sustain that exceptional level of play for more than 3 or 4 games. Laviolette should have started Saros last night based off of Pekka’s history.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I just don't get total collapse games like we saw last night. Stupid penalties. Pathetic goalie play. Once again, can't do squat on the power play.

The game was over in the first 10 minutes. Good teams don't let down like that.

This Preds team doesn't look close to going deep into the playoffs even if they win this round. I'm far from a hockey expert but I'm not seeing the intensity I saw in '17 or even last season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Riverman

I agree. Weird thing is though penguins and caps did same thing in round one the year they won the cup. Hopefully we pour it on like they did.

I do know that Poile showed he is fallible with late trades. Barely have seen anything from them other than Granlund’s fluke goal

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Every aspect was bad last night.

I get the immediate hole and knowing you're gonna lose so you're in a funk and effort is weak.

But at least do something right.... passes were terrible... handling was terrible... physicality was nonexistent.

8. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Just give me a game 7!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Riverman

BIG game today. I predict 0-0 at 1st break, 2-0 Preds after 2nd, 3-2 Preds for win.

Ellis, Arvi, Josi score.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I want a Scoresberg hat trick today!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar