Preds

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Riverman, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Forbes' Top 10 Most Valuable Sports Teams of 2018
    • 1. Dallas Cowboys, $4.8 billion (value), 14% (1-year change) (NFL)

• 2. Manchester United, $4.123 billion, 12% (Soccer)

• 3. Real Madrid, $4.09 billion, 14% (Soccer)

• 4. Barcelona, $4.064 billion, 12% (Soccer)

• 5. New York Yankees, $4 billion, 8% (MLB)

• 6. New England Patriots, $3.7 billion, 9% (NFL)

• 7. New York Knicks, $3.6 billion, 9% (NBA)

• 8. Los Angeles Lakers, $3.3 billion, 10% (NBA)

• 8. New York Giants, $3.3 billion, 6% (NFL)

• 10. Golden State Warriors, $3.1 billion, 19% (NBA)

• 10. Washington Redskins, $3.1 billion, 5% (NFL)

2. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

C1ABD60C-4915-49F3-9853-15CAA528C517.jpeg
    First column is value in millions
    Second column is percent change in value

3. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

WP read the thread title too fast and got excited

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

These shoot wins are killing me.

I'm ready for Lavi to settle down on the line changes. Preds tuning up for playoff run. Fiala played against us last night for the reason he was traded. turnovers and can't finish a play.

5. Riverman

We’re just not as good as 2 years ago when we got shafted. Crosby should’ve got ejected for the water bottle.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

With my Wings out of it, I'm pulling for the Preds.

Damn Wings keep winning now, going to ruin a shot at a top 5 pick which they sorely need.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Riverman

Watson back is BIG. Great win last night to get control of division and position to avoid Blues and Jets first round. Just have to beat Blackhawks tomorrow night.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. Riverman

Preds win division with two consecutive great comebacks. This team is getting momentum at the right time. Cant’t wait. Possible simultaneous NHL Playoffs and NFL draft in a few weeks? Smashville going to be LIT

:popcorn::toast::wooo:

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There's lots of panic already losing game 1 vs. Dallas last night and I think it's justified because of ONE thing:

The Preds are DEAD LAST in the NHL in power play scoring percentage at 12.9%. Contrast that to the top percentage of 28.2%. Even the middle of the pack is over 20%.

Home playoff losses are bad. Being outskated for long stretches is too. But only scoring 13% on the PP, IMO, is what will keep this Preds team from going deep in the playoffs.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Riverman

Agree. Simmonds and Boyle just are not making the difference. Simmonds got pushed out of the front net on the PP. I suspect he’ll get better or get benched quick. He looked slow and clumsy skating with the others.

I’m not panicked yet. We outplayed and out scored them first period. And the Stars did it to us the second. We are an evenly matched team. Their D outplayed ours big time. They had far more high percentage shots than we did. Ellis, Subban, Eckholm, Josi ALL need to up their game.

Our 2nd-4th lines are way more talented. Our depth is better. I’ll be interested to see what our strategy is Saturday. I expect a VERY physical and punishing style with Watson and Boyle leading the hits. If we can beat up their first line, this series swings in our favor quicik.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar