Prediction: Mark Clayton Will Bust Out Big Time

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Thats a predicition of mine...he has had so much success already in his 1st/2nd year....now entering his 3rd year....i expect to see him reach at least 1300 with 8+ TDs

(06 stats - 939 yards; 5 TDs) -- doesnt seem too far

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

D-Mase may well be their #3 receiver this year. Both Clayton and Demettrius Williams have their arrows pointing straight up.

With Willis McGahee in town now too, their offense looks very good.

If they fail to reach the AFC Championship Game again, Steve will be gone.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yep, their main weakness on offense at this point is at quarterback. Despite the Raven's record last year, Steve did very little to help them win games and Kyle Boller stepped in a couple times and put the veteran to shame creating a small qb-controversy among fans.
    I don't see why they just wouldn't go with KB this year anyway if Steve starts out games 1-2 as mediocre as he played last season.

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Steve & the OL will hold this team back big time.

5. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

how will Steve hold the team back? Yall bitter or something? He is still a capable QB in an offense where he isnt told to go out and win the game. Lol at some of these posts.

biggest problem on that offense in o-line, and its decent

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Ever since 03', Steve's game has fallen off dramatically. Prime example is last years playoff game against Indy where Baltimore's O couldn't move the ball anywhere against arguable the worst D in the league.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think you are forgetting something called leadership. We could balk at that if you want. But why does every team do well with McNair and sorry without him. It's obvious he has the intagible that we all know Young has. He makes the whole team better. I mean seriously, 13-3. People. 13-3 with that crap offense Billick throws out there every year. I don't know what it is, and I can;t put my hands on it, but he's got it.

8. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Whose offense could move against Indy's d in the playoffs? (Not including the 1st half of the Pats game). They shut down the Chiefs, maintained the Ravens, shut down the 2nd half Pats, and held down the Bears.

Steve played poorly that game, but that doesnt mean he's holding the team back.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Thanks for permission. Leadership is great, but Steve's 'leadership' has always been a myth. Remember when Eddie George left? The Titans didn't have a leader once he did. We still had McNair, but no leader. Nobody that hypes the team up and gets them in game-mode. McNair was always far too silent to be a team leader. So not only is his playing ability sub-par, his leadership quality is as well.
    The Ravens weren't crap without him. The Titans were crappy with him his last couple seasons. But anyway, the main thing is - he's not too good these days. We can argue about his morals, work ethic, leadership, and all that stuff for days, but one thing his numbers leave unquestioned is that he's done.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wouldn't exactly say their Running Game is solid. McGahee is only a 3.9 YPC runner thus far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar