Pre-season disaster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'm not sure.

But, they have to go with Pennington.

2. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

The Jets have already named Chad Pennington as the starting QB. Good post, and I do agree with you. But I realized we will not have 1 rb who gets a full workload, CB can't handle it anyway, and that's not that bad. We probably will split the carries, and it's good because each runner is different, and it's a change of pace so the defense doesn't know what to expect. I think Collins will be named the starter, if not there was no point in signing him.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I agree.

Collins starts the opener (VY possibly sees some game action). Collins remains the starter until Vince is ready to take over as the #1 at some point this season (at which point Collins becomes #2).

While all of this is going on, management will contine to seek a trade for BV.

Not sure if this is how it'll happen that way. But, that's how I see it.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Seems reasonable...

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Not entirely true, some players are being released because of their salaries. Obviously not bigtime names, but still veterans that can contribute to our team.

6. TM

TM Starter

John Henderson was selected 6 picks before Haynesworth, not the other way around.

http://drafthistory.com/years/2002.html

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Carpy

I don't agree with that things are so bad that we're looking at the waiver for starting players.

Even so a player may be cut for lots of reasons. Some coaches just plainly dislike a player for no good reason other than a personality clash. A player may be in a system that just doesn't suit him, say a DL player that suits a 3-4 but not a 4-3 for example. If a guy gets in the coaches doghouse for long enough the FO eventually might not even perceive a guy as trade worthy & end up letting him go for nothing.

One teams write offs can still turn out to be gold for another team. Am I talking crap, quite possibly but there are gems out there.

Although its early, Bobby Wade is looking like a steal off waivers.

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

IMO, Fisher already knows who will start against the Jets. He's just not telling yet. (Practice is closed, so no media reports on who's taking the snaps in practice.) I think it will be Collins.

9. Architect

Architect Pain Train

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Funny when so called fans try to make a point with busted facts..... Henderson was the 9th pick in the 1 round, Al was the 15th:moon2:

10. Archtitan

Archtitan Guest

Yeah, my mistake, I should have had the draft board in front of me. Although, looking at that same draft, I'd still rather have a host of players that were selected after Haynesworth, who, let's be honest, has underachieved his entire career. So I think my point about our recent draft (lack of) success, and not having THAT great of young talent is still somehwat valid. Tyrone Calico is gone, for heaven's sake.

Not to be a doomsayer, I still think we can beat the odds and get a few wins this year, IF a lot of things fall into place, but it looks like, for now, we still have a long way to go. I just happen to think we have made som pretty stinky personnel decisions in the last 3-4 years and it has been reflected in the team's record. Preseason is the time for optimism, though, so ignore the voice of reason over here in Dallas (where I tell people to not get so excited about the Cowboys, because they have no O-line.) I guess I just have too much cold water to pour out of my big pail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar