Postgame: Titans at Falcons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Preditan, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Again?..I'm talking about the ridiculous rules they've implemented that prevent the players from actually playing the game, not the number of ref eyes.
    Yeah, it will be great to have fewer refs out there, so they can miss calling their shiite rules correctly.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Every preseason there's an emphasis on new rules, and every regular season guys get away with stuff. This is just how it is.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm not sure DaQuan Jones sees the field this year. For a huge guy, he really can't get any push.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Rookies are weak, unless his game is speed based (which it's not) it'll be a while til he plays DL

5. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

I missed the game too, but hey, we won!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

What I took from the game:

Mettenberger is our next franchise Quarterback. What an arm, luckily for Locker he isn't playing with the 1st team O-line, otherwise this would be a QB controversy. Mett is the starter for 2015, no if's, but's or maybe's.

CB's weren't even close last night. Sensabaugh looked like a boy against men.
    I liked Brown last night, he looked fired up. He whiffed badly on one play, but he was solid overall, fills the holes well.
    Disappointed with Morgan, who played well in the first couple of games, but was going against a makeshift RT, expected a bit more from him.
    Nice to see Casey make some plays, Hill and Pit also looked better, which was a relief.

All in all the 1st team Defense did look bad, but if you look at the TD's, McCourty slipped badly, and Sensabaugh whiffed. Bad plays from us, but they were slightly lucky for the Falcons.

Locker did okay I guess. Sankey should be running with the 1 st team. I thought Greene was suppose to be able to block? Guess not

Hunter is a nightmare for opposing teams.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Last I heard... Titans offered him the same as Tampa, essentially. That's the case, Titans didn't "let him walk".

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I have a feeling this is going to be a weird season with a lot of teams doing much differently than expected in large part due to this rule.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Were they actually good or was ATL's run game just mediocre?

What did ole blockhead do this time?

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Yeah it was a weird situation. He really left because he felt "disrespected" by us. In all honesty it just comes off like he was butt-hurt because we correctly nailed down his market value and he thought he was worth way more. Then he hit FA and the free market told him we were right. It was more of a pride thing than anything. Hindsight being 20/20 and all I still wish we would have made him a bigger initial offer. We might have overpaid but I'll take that compared to what we have right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar