Post game thread - Bills game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think there was something malicious about the claw grab and pull motion... I mean he committed to that. Guilty on count two.

I am sensationalizing this because it's him... That's the scrutiny you get with a 5 game suspension. He should play 100% clean football. He gets no mulligans. He used them up.

Albert Haynesworth could have been the difference at Indianapolis. He could have been the difference at home against Baltimore. Heaven help us at Jacksonville... Pacman wasn't even there... I look at it like he let down this team. His contribution could have represented a win. One game is pretty big right now. If we could have only won one more game we could be in the playoffs. I know it could still happen... and I know there were noted defensive improvements in his absence.

I just don't think that a guy that has the history that Haynesworth has should expect the teams fans not to piss and moan whenever there is the slightest personal foul called on them. Albert Haynesworth annoys me when he commits a personal foul. He humilated me as a fan of this franchise with that ancient roman times era act of debauchery he calls "going to the huddle"

You mean like Benji Olsen? So kicking a guy in the chest who is on his knees is okay? Or is it because it's not during the game?
    that is exactly how I would tend to view it.
    I would react with a total pass for a player such as Bulluck.
    Pacman really didn't need to throw that guy down.
    That was really uncalled for. I guess Pacman is just an idiot.

An idiot in his second year who isn't coming off a multiple game suspension.

Even the Buffalo player, the DE I guess who came in and turned our guys head with hands on his headgear... that was even less non comittal than Albert's if you want to get real fine about. The Buffalo player was going at Vince. He wasn't really paying much attention to his hands. Albert was looking directly at his hand grap and pull that guy down. Considering what is at risk that is just really dirty. I'll admit, when I was viewing it like I was like a rabid, bloodthirsty, pirate... I screamed out something like "DAMNIT! I HOPE YOU MADE IT COUNT!!! ...:irked: ...freakin' psycho"

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Two great posts, BP. How awesome is BiPolar? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, bruh.

For effect, referring to your eariler post, I would suggest posting my favorite close-up of you, with the head shaved. You know the one. (But then again, you might only bring it out on special occasions.)

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

How reasonable is it to ask a player to never make a personnal foul again or you'll give him the boot? I don't get the knee jerk over-reactions.

I guess you're refering to Hartwig. Maybe Fisher should have disciplined Al more before the Dallas incident? Take that up with the coach on his next radio show. But I don't see what good it does dwelling on the past, when that's not relevant to a play last Sunday. It's from here on out that's the issue, and serious misconduct on the field.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

At what point did I or anyone for that matter make a motion that Albert Haynesworth be released? Riverman speculated that Fisher may move him to the "out house"... That's some metaphorical allusion to not extending him I suppose, but it certainly isn't a motion for his dismissal. I on the other hand cited that "Haynesworth was dangerously close to never dressing as a Titan again." ... and that is true per it's supported by a link.

I agree he's our best DT. I love the pocket disruption he brings. He just needs to get a grip and not do this stuff. He needs to make an extra effort play clean. Defensive holding stinks and jumping offsides sucks... I can deal with that. What irks me is a 15 yarder face mask penalty... If there is a trashtalk after a play... I had better not see Albert Haynesworth draw some flag for being in a scuffle. Even if there are somehow off setting penalties I don't want to see anymore unsportsmanlike conduct fouls from him.

I don't think playing clean and adhearing to the basic principles of sportsmanship are too tall of an order for Albert. It's just evident to me that in order for him to be a success he is going to have to put forth extra effort. I know he gets all hot and bothered out there. I just want the big man to keep control. Whenever I think of that facemask and the full intentional whip motion he brought a falling man down with I think of his interview when he kept saying, "I'm not a dirty player... yada, yada, yada..." He could look right in his eyes. He didn't even have to pull. The guy was already falling.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Is this being made of a big deal anywhere else other than here?

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

nope and no reason for it to be

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Bi, I did take Riverman's comments as him being out of here. Is that not what he said? He still has a year left on his contract, and unless he gets traded (probably unlikely), then that means he gets cut. That's not the only comment that's been posted on here about Al being let go, I'm not making things up here.

But maybe you should draw a line with your comments Bi, take out the grey area. "He's out of chances"? What does that mean? Sure sounds like you're blowing your lid over this, and that would lead me to believe you think he should be cut. "He should play 100% clean football"? Or what? If I'm reading too much into it, you're doing a fine job of setting it up.

Losman was still on his feet when Al grabbed the mask. He didn't fall right away, and Al held on and brought him down. It was not done just for the hell of it on a guy who was already down. Take a look at it again if you taped the game.

Anyone catch Fisher's show tonight? If I heard correct, I thought he pretty much blew off taking anything negative from that play.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

my bad. I don't feel that way. I didn't realize there was a true stir of showing him out. I took RM's comment to speculate Fisher's mindset. I don't take you for someone who is trying to misrepresent anything.
    yeah, that's a bunch of crazy emotional ranting. It just bothers me that he was deactivated for 5 games. It makes me sick to think if he was there the Titans would have beat the Ravens or Colts.
    I wish I could. I just remember sipping jack and coke watching the replay and then getting all crazy.
    That's good to hear.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Jack and coke huh? Well that explains things.

:pour: :guzzle: :rant:

lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar