Post Falcons Game Thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I could be wrong, but maybe Chow's play calling is just to throw everyone off in the preseason. That almost sounds like a conspiracy more than a strategy. lol Perhaps, Chow calls these short curl passing plays on 3rd and long in preseason just to make the Titans look like they haven't improved at all. Then in the regular season, he will break it loose and spin heads on the opposing defense. It would explain why Volek was doing exceptionally better running no huddles. I am scratching the bottom of the bucket here for explanations. :ha: Again, I may be crazy, but I want the Titans to be that winning team that they can be. Maybe it's all an act for preseason so that they can catch some teams off guard. I don't really think the same thing about the defense... Maybe it's just because I don't like Schwartz, but I could be wrong. One other thing about the offense... If Zach Pillar expects to be any sort of asset to any team, he has to learn to DROP IT! He gets called for a penalty and continues to argue and nag about it throughout the entire drive. GET OVER IT! Make up for it in the next few plays, but don't cry about the thing. I wonder if Fisher feels like a babysitter sometimes. :suspect:

2. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

How could I miss it! We don't really suck, its all an act!

No wait!!! I got it now:

All of this is just a bad dream :suspect:

Just scracthed through that bucket!

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

and all of that blah,blah blah was when Young played gainst the 3rd and 4th string D.

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

For the last and final time, all we're saying is that VY has looked at the very least confident, and comfortable, and ready to throw the ball down field. No, he's not thrown for 242 and 2 td's , but damn, up until this point, he has looked a bit more comfortable than BV running the Offense, and that's saying alot since BV has been there all of 7 seasons. The O-line will be the deciding factor in how either of them perform. BV is my man, but man o man he has to get to it already.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

If you watched last nights game Young didn't look that confident at all. He was running for his life, some passes were good others weren't...all of that was against the 3 or 4 D. He should have been wearing them out. I say that has something to do with Chow's offensive scheme or lack off. That applies to when Volek is in also

I think in the Broncos game he got to play against their 1st team D..go back and look how lost he was there.

6. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Nobody on our team is wearing anybody out. VY's head was up field reading the D, going through his progressions. I just hope and pray that BV gets it together and we can actually wait to put VY in there, but if not I say throw caution to the wind, and get the kid some true game experience.

7. zackmann

zackmann Guest

but vince is able to run for his life...as it applies to volek, I guess you could say he just stands for his life...

with the O-line not playing well, Vince will look better if for no other reason than he gets sacked less...

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That's your opinion, but I disagree. On several occasions did he step up into the pocket when pressure was coming instead of just running or throwing an illadvised pass. Volek on the other hand threw illadvised passes even when there was no pressure.

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I have become a student of the game. I have learned how to look for the breakdowns in coverage and missed assignments. What I saw was pretty bad.

Norwood was running like a pro bowler over our defense! I saw Haynesworth and Bulluck both get jammed up st the line of scrimmage at the exact same time! How can 2 of our best guy's on D be shut down on the same play!?

I blame the coaching staff.I saw poor coverage by Rey Hill. I saw Vince out there scrambling around like he was in a sand lot, making bad decisions. This is a team in trouble and the coaches need to fix it.

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I said this before and I will say it again. Right now the Titans have no play makers. They have no offensive line, no defensive line. No receivers and right now they remind me of the Houston Oilers in the early 80's. There just isn't a lot of talent to be found anywhere.

With all that said I think the best move for the coaches is to let voltek start and let Vince have a few series in each game. As he progresses he should get more series until it becomes apparent he is the leader of this team.

But don't be confused, this team will be successful if they win 5 games this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar