Post Combine: Which QB do you want the Titans to take?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Feb 27, 2011.

?
  1. Blaine Gabbert

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Cam Newton

8 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Jake Locker

21 vote(s)
    29.2%
  4. Ryan Mallett

12 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Christian Ponder

15 vote(s)
    20.8%
  6. Colin Kaepernick

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. Andy Dalton

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Ricky Stanzi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree. But what if you don't want ANYBODY available this year even though it's a need position?

I finally voted for Kaepernick since he's a definite 2nd rounder.

I'd be ok with:
    Newton
    Gabbert
    Locker

I'd be upset about:
    Mallett
    Ponder

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Obviously if the team doesn't feel there is a franchise QB in this draft, then you wait and take one later. What I was saying is that if they identify a guy who they believe is a franchise QB, then you get aggressive and go get him.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Do you force yourself to take Kaepernick in the 2nd if a big run goes on QBs in the first round? If Gabbert,Newton,Locker,Ponder,Mallett are all gone?

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Catch 22 to give up picks for your stop gap hoping to draft QB in the subsequent draft?

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Personally, I wouldn't, but I don't see him as a franchise QB. If the Titans believe he is, then yes you take him there. Likewise, if they believe any of those you mentioned are franchise QBs, then you don't wait for the 2nd round and hope one of them falls. You do not wait on a franchise QB, and if they believe there is one in this draft, then you get them.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Shocker of the century: Cam Newton apparently showed a huge lack of football intelligence in team meetings at the Combine. According to CBS, he "had a difficult time drawing up plays and how to react to different defensive schemes...on the white board." Multiple teams gave him poor grades for "football character."

If you think there's a chance the Titans might draft Newton (somehow 7 people voted for him in this poll), you aren't living on planet Earth. It's that simple. There is no chance in hell the Titans go down this road again. Newton is the exact same player and personality as Vince Young.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Absolutely correct, I don't see the Titans going down that road again....also in that same link I saw this..It goes along with what they were talking about on NFL radio the other day, that you will see the QBs move up before the draft, especially with the likely rookie wage scale that will be in place in the next CBA.
    http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/27699260

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Wouldn't go as far as saying Cam is guaranteed VY 2.0 but the situation is certainly way too similar for this team to draft him. Fool me once..
    I suspect many of the 7 votes are people who would say Cam is in no way VY2.0 but actually voted for him because he secretly reminds them of Vince...

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Agreed. Maybe his career will be totally different from Vince, but at this point he is just way too close to draft. Let another team do it.

The latest rumor is that we could see 5 QBs go in round 1. Newton, Gabbert, Locker, Mallett and even Ponder. I think this pretty much proves that the Titans can't wait until round 2 if they want to guarantee they get the QB they like. As I have been saying all along, I expect the pick at #8 to be a QB. Defense will have to come later in the draft.

10. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Yep, i would be shocked if we passed on a QB at 8. This is a DEEP draft for dline, we can address it later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar