Post Combine: Which QB do you want the Titans to take?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Feb 27, 2011.

?
  1. Blaine Gabbert

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Cam Newton

8 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Jake Locker

21 vote(s)
    29.2%
  4. Ryan Mallett

12 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Christian Ponder

15 vote(s)
    20.8%
  6. Colin Kaepernick

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. Andy Dalton

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Ricky Stanzi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or making fun of the fact I spelt "legitimate" wrong

EDIT:
    Never mind you had 'spelling great man' there at first lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TNTitanFan

TNTitanFan Camp Fodder

I think Mallett is the best choice, right size, fairly mobile, strong arm, pretty accurate, even keel under pressure in games (I think he could have handled the media better, but in his defense, the media did hound him 5 times about "alleged" substance abuse which he stated basically wasn't true) BTW: I'm sure you all saw this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXdUduCiQ_Y

I think Ponder is too fragile, I think Dalton will make a good backup
    Gabbert stats are worse that Chase Daniels (his predecessor)
    Newton is a head case
    Locker is a maybe, just don't have a feeling about him at all, which may be a good thing, he doesn't sway me one way or the other.

Just a thought

3. Finnebosch

I think Ryan Mallet will most likely pan out like Kerry Collins did. The number of similarities in their games are astonishing. Both are strong armed, some what accurate, pocket statues. Mallet is almost as mobile as my grandmother when her arthritis starts to act up.

Mallet is by far the best QB in a physical/skill sense but the issue with him is is reported character concerns. Even if you discount the drug rumors (which I wouldn't if I were you as rumors like that do not come out of nowhere) there is still the fact that many have said he has a sense of entitlement similar to Ryan Leaf/Matt Leinart.

When you draft a franchise QB you are not only counting on them as a player but how they are as a person. What gives Locker the edge over Mallet IMO is the intangibles that Locker brings to the table. Mallet is known mostly for his arm strength where as Locker has been praised for his leadership skills in incredible work ethic.

4. Finnebosch

5. TNTitanFan

TNTitanFan Camp Fodder

Decent throw, under extreme pressure, of course Hamilton out ran Peterson..
    I see your point, it has been made several times, but I think with Chris Palmer as a coach, Mallett might just make the grade.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Pretty nice throw, but it was nothing amazing, his receiver did most of the work...

7. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Why?????? Have you followed any drafts in the past?

First, not that many QBs will be drafted Top 15. Second, just because Teams need a QB does not mean they jump on the first available if they are not truly convinced he can be a franchise passer. And third, there is no top QB in this draft period.
    But hey, who am I to say. Let's go ahead and waste our #8 pick and a boatload of money on a future career backup like Gabbert. Why not.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Personally I think Mallett is the most NFL ready QB in this draft. That being said, the off the field stuff HAS to check out. If there is even a question in our mind then we cannot draft him.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

NFL-readiness should not factor in to the pick. NFL long-term potential is all that matters. Who cares if a guy can start right away if his upside is limited?

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There could be as many as 3 QB's taken by the 15 pick. And yea, who are you to be saying anything? You came in here out of left field and started spewing off for nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar