Possible back up QBs...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Aug 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think they’re D (just like ours) doesn’t get the credit they deserve. Jimmy G is a generally safe QB. He’s not great by any means but he doesn’t turn the ball over a lot.

as far as lance, great arm, can move? I believe I’ve heard this story before. Doesn’t deserve any hype. Nothing of substance (production throughout a season) shown that has earned him any hype.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Yeah I get what you're saying and I agree for the most part. I just don't see what separates him from Willis

3. HurrayTitans!

Draft position. That’s it so far as I can tell.

and that in its own right is BS to base anything off of. We see busts and steals every year. Doesn’t matter how high someone gets picked til they perform. The higher the get drafted, the higher the expectation but does not mean the better the capability to perform at the NFL level, specifically with QBs since they get overhyped every year at the combine which gets them drafted way higher than they should. That trend may have actually been what caused Willis to drop.

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Willis will get better. How much better remains to be seen because the learning curve is steep. He did himself no favors by transferring to Liberty. He shouldn’t be the back up THIS year. Maybe next year. When Trey Lance is consistent, I’ll support the hype. Until then, all the guys who can run like deer and throw a mile but can’t process defenses are only going to beat the sub-500 teams. Just like VY did. The great teams will eat their lunches.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Still waiting for some examples of raw (IE, not good) QBs who came in to the NFL and "developed" in to successful starting QBs.

Anyone?

• Boring Boring x 1
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Tom Brady
    Kurt Warner
    Brad Johnson
    Roger Staubach
    Matt Hassebeck

#36 Ontario Titan, Aug 22, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Josh Allen may apply here. Raw and after his first year I thought he would never be a to tier guy. Then last year happened…

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. HurrayTitans!

Rich Gannon
    Steve beuerlein
    Tony Romo
    Dave krieg
    Mark brunnell

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I got bored

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Willis is back up qb and he is better than woodside

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar