Position Upgrade: Wide Receiver

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Feb 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

If that's the case than sweet. Bring him back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Ced Wilson had me going "who is this dude?" every time I watched the Cowboys.

Gut tells me they re-sign him and let Gallup walk.

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

A guy named Gallup is just meant to be a Cowboy

• LOL LOL x 3
  4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Am I wrong to say WR is behind TE and OL? Just curious on y’alls thoughts. Blows we burned a 2 last year on little to nothing. So it’s FA somewhere in there. I’d prefer that be WR and draft TE/ OL. We needed a TE desperately. Think we can get a cheap deal on WR that makes an impact through FA more so than the other 2, but admittedly I’m an idiot on these things.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I will refrain from posting an opinion within this sub-board, and I would strongly advise you do the same.

I will provide facts though, and the facts are there will be between 4-6 wide receivers minimum on the roster at the conclusion of free agency and the NFL Draft.

• LOL LOL x 5
  6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

^^^^
    This man/woman/or however pronoun prefers to use, has been a top 10 poster for months! Y’all should show your support!

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Not wrong at all. I fully agree, Brown and Julio are a great starting point and NWI should be fine #3 an additional upgrades should only come if the OL and TE are addressed first.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Some FAs I think would be a good #3 with upside and be available at a reasonable price...

J Crowder NYJ
    Pringle KC..return ability as well
    Robinson KC
    Sanders BUF
    McKenzie BUF

Mike Geisici although a TE played 85% of the time in the slot or out wide...he wants paid like a WR though ..he could be a nice dual purpose TE/WR

#48 Ontario Titan, Feb 19, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Potential trades from BR...

Tennessee Titans Trade for WR Jarvis Landry

The Titans have publicly backed Ryan Tannehill as their quarterback. Now they need to continue to look for ways to improve his supporting cast.

In recent years, they've drafted A.J. Brown and traded for Julio Jones. That gives them two big-bodied receivers who can win on the outside and down the field. The final piece they are missing to round out the unit is a chain-mover who can win in the slot.
    Jarvis Landry fits that bill, and some of his most successful seasons have come with Ryan Tannehill as his quarterback.
    Tannehill and Landry have great chemistry going back to their days in Miami. Their final season together in South Beach saw Juice pick up 131 targets which he turned into 94 catches for 1,136 yards and four touchdowns.
    The Browns are in need of a remodel when it comes to receiver, and Landry's contract is trade-friendly. They would only have a dead-cap charge of $1.5 million, and his new team could easily sign him to an extension that would make him pretty cheap this season.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I feel like we need a chain moving TE and a DEEP THREAT wide receiver though. Someone to stretch the field and open things up for Julio and AJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar