Position Primer 2013 - Tight End

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Cook in no way deserves 5 million. Especially if we're trying to improve the run game then he's SOL. Teams know when he's on the field we're passing because he's the worst blocker on the roster, then when we pass to him he drops it then complains that he doesn't get more passes thrown his way. I'd rather throw to our other two TE's that will get a consistent 5-10 yards.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

scaife got paid I think Cook should be paid. fair is fair

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Bennett is NOT an upgrade from Cook. And on attitude, he is a significant downgrade. That guy is a dead set idiot.

Here is a comparison of their production this year (on a per game basis).

Bennett (with Eli throwing the ball)
    3.4 catches, 39.1 yards, 0.31 TDs

Cook (with our piss-poor QB play)
    3.4 catches, 40.2 yards, 0.31 TDs

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'll take Cook at 1 year for 5 mil and see what we can do in the draft/free agency next year. Give Thompson one more year to develop and get used to the TE position. If he comes along then great Cook is gone after next year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Two guys I could see as a fit for us would be Walker and Finley. Walker is used to being the 2nd guy in SF behind Davis and he does a little bit of everything and would gladly take the role of starter. Finley could just take over as the pass catching TE role for us but depends on how much he wants, if he is indeed cut.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Just FYI guys, I will start working on the Defensive Primers on Monday (Aust time), so I won't have any posted in the next couple of days. And I haven't forgotten fullback. I'l throw that in as part of my omnibus at the end.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

One of the prime roles for the new OC is to improve TE production. They will franchise Cook, he is too good a player to just lose. I think they will make an effort to sign him long term.

If Cook is allowed to get away we will without question sign a starting caliber TE in free agency. A guy like Fasano for example.

We have used a lot of draft capital for that position. Cook was a third rd pick acquired with a 2nd, Stevens a 3rd and Taylor a 4th. We are not going to be the Patriots but this should be a position of strength for this team and if Cook comes back our goal should be 100 catches collectively. Combined we only got 69 catches from that group this year but Taylor was a rookie and cook got hurt. 100 catches is very realistic.

Good post Carpy.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

BS! We have Stevens, Quinn and Taylor to block. Cook if healthy for a whole season will always be good for 50 catches with a WR average and at least 6 TDs. The going rate for that is $5M a year.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Cook is a liability. He is a horrendous blocker, and runs wrong route way too often. Hass looked completely disgusted with Cook after about half of his throws that went Cook's way in 2011. Jake never showed that frustration this year, but I'll promise you that he felt it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I badly want to keep Cook.

Keep the ball up where he can see it and extend his arms, and Cook will catch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar