Pollard, Verner want to return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bostontitan

Bostontitan Starter

How much of there play is Williams influence ...

If we get new coach will pollard and Vern still play this good in another system ?

Im a little worried about that ,if we pay these guys then we change system then they drop off ...

If we keep only one id keep pollard ...he sets tone and hes making Griff play better

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't see either of them coming back. Vern's gonna get Revis $ so you can't fault him for that.

3. BigTitanFan

BigTitanFan Starter

I don't see a system change causing them to drop off... Hopefully if Williams took over the defense, there would be more blitzing and multiple defensive looks. Both of which would benefit both Pollard and Verner. With that being said, Williams didn't push the issue on blitzing the second half of the season and left us in zone... I want both to re-sign but for the right amount of money. Verner played his best ball, when the defensive call was aggressive and blitzing. Put him in zone coverage and his skills fell off a good bit, but he's definitely worth an extension.

4. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

He is not going to get Revis $.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

If he has a good agent then he'll get more than Revis $

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Revis' contract is unique in the fact that is has almost no guaranteed money and a huge portion of it is just salary. That is why Revis is so far removed from other CB contracts and is a major outlier.

Verner will get paid but it will most likely be much closer to Courtland Finnegan's 5 year/50 million/24 million guaranteed then Revis' 6 year/96 million/0 million guaranteed. Also note that Finnegan is the second highest paid DB in the NFL.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I remember I read somewhere if the Titans cut Stewy they get all his money and nothing is lost. That's about 6M right there. Throw in CJ and KW and we have more than enough to sign players that REALLY matter.

Not to mention that drafting a RB and RT would be an upgrade for dirt cheap (in the 2nd you get an RT and in the 4th a RB). Heck, Stingly is better than Stew at this point....

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Interesting comment from Pollard. He likes Munch but appears to not like one or more people under him...DC? Secondary Coach? Or maybe he's referring to OC? Considering Pollard basically said he'd stay if things (besides Munch) were 'fixed,' would be interesting to know what he thinks is broken considering he came from a Super Bowl winning Ravens team!

Tommy might want to talk to him!

Nice to see Verner say that, but a ton of money will be thrown his way...question is, will the titans compete or just let him walk and replace him in house.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I think it's Jerry Grey. The "CB 10 yard off" coverage isn't Pollards thing. As I recall the secondary coach is "new" as well, might be him too.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I seriously doubt it is something like the cb's playing 10yds off in a particular defensive set (like deep 3rds or man off with no help deep inverting one or both safeties). It definitely sounds like he doesn't think something is being done correctly by one or more coaches. Could be secondary or any coach besides Munch (since he made a point to support him) though it could also be not holding other players accountable enough or something of that nature or playcalling. Lots of possiblities!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar